Chapter 27

Song recommendation: Way back Home by SHAUN, feat. Conor Maynard

~

"Hyung?" Yoongi heard Namjoon's voice through his headphones.

"Hmm?" He took off his headphones and turned around to Namjoon. 

"Hyung, can you listen to my mixtape? I need to submit it tomorrow" Namjoon said, holding up a pen drive

"Sure" Yoongi smiled

He stopped when he saw Namjoon's shocked face. Keeping the pen drive on the table, he tilted his head, "What?"

Namjoon stared at him for a while with his eyes wide and mouth agape, it was almost comical. Then he shook his head and smiled back, "Nothing...just don't loose whatever or whoever makes you smile like that"

Yoongi nodded, "I would never"

He wasn't surprised that Namjoon guessed the correct reason. Namjoon was a person that you can always go and talk to about your problems. He did his best to understand from your point of view and explain everything as softly as possible.

"Do you want to keep everything secret for a while?" Namjoon asked

"For a while" Yoongi reassured. He was about to turn around when he realized that Namjoon would be the perfect person to show his songs to.

He quickly opened the file, "Hey Namjoon. Listen to this and tell me about what you think"

Namjoon nodded and took the headphones from his hand. Yoongi waited as Namjoon listened to the song. It was hard to guess his thoughts since Namjoon kept on a professional expressionless look.

The elder could hear his heart beat echoing with each second. He had listened to the song so many that he remembered each beat, each pause and each drops. He knew just which line Namjoon would hear. 

And just when Yoongi guessed that the song must have ended Namjoon took off the head and smiled.

"I don't know who to consider lucky" He started, "You... because you found some one who makes you feel like this or, the person for whom you wrote this song"

"Thanks" Yoongi said, taking the headphones.

"I've to head out now cause Jin called me" Namjoon said, shyly scratching the back oh his neck, "And um.... I'm going to listen to your advice and confess today"

"Good luck, champ" Yoongi replied, high-fiving Namjoon.

With that Namjoon headed out and Yoongi got back to his work.

He clicked the play button and listened to the song that he had made for Jimin. And now, the song sounded right. He found the missing key. The song was now complete.

~

Yoongi stood outside Jimin's house with his hands in his pockets. When he saw Jimin's grandmother working in the garden, he smiled to her and bowed. But before he could do anything else he got distracted by Jimin.

Jimin wasn't wearing anything special today. But, Yoongi still though that Jimin looked so damn beautiful. He was so caught up with taking in Jimin's grace that he didn't realize when the younger was standing right in front of him.

"Let's go?" Jimin asked, holding his hand out.

Yoongi nodded, interlocking their fingers together. And Yoongi couldn't help his heartbeat from going frenzy when he realized for the umpteenth time that their hands fit together perfectly.