하나

"I'm really sorry that I can't make them work together even though you asked us to work together in this team project" I tried to hide my smile when Mrs

"I'm really sorry that I can't make them work together even though you asked us to work together in this team project" I tried to hide my smile when Mrs. Smith starts to get angry after I told her that none of my groupmates work on the presentation that scheduled tomorrow. 

"Please don't punish them, it's my fault that they didn't sent their parts and make me do all of the presentation alone." I put on my sad face and it seems to make Mrs. Smith go ballistic. 

"No, no, no, dear, it's not your fault, it's their fault, I knew that you always try your best in every group work and I will make sure that they got what they deserve tomorrow" Mrs. Smith smiles kindly and I can't be more happier.

"I'm not trying to tell on them, I just so worried that they won't be able to memorised their parts and decided to tell you to excuse them" Still on my sad face, I tried to make excuse as a kind girl with no intention of doing bad things to her friends and the older lady seems to be taking it. 

"Okay, I got it know, Adalyn, stop defending your friends and you may be excuse now" With a smirk on my face, I got out of her office and starts to walk to the parking lot.

I don't know what the 50-year-olds professor think when she decided to pair me with the most lazy and stupid groupmates for her end of semester presentation. Maybe she thought that those lazy asses with starts to do a good job if they were paired with a straight A student like me. You can't change a person that easily. But, now I can stop worrying about my grades as I knew that Mrs. Smith will grade my presentation individually with my usual A and those stupid asses with the grade they deserves. I didn't even tell them to work as I knew that they thought that I will work on my own and they just have to memorised the power point tomorrow. I smirked at that thought, do you think I'm that stupid to work my ass off just to let them enjoy themselves?

*******

I reach my audi and starts to drive home. As I reach my neighbourhood, I can feel anticipation and hope starts to surface as in three more block, I will pass by his home and I know that it was around the time his shift will end. I can feel my stomach drop when I see that his car is not where it usually park.

Ugh, I already planned to make some cupcakes as an excuse to see him.

Frustrated, I slammed my car's door and got into the house while stomping my feet. My house is not a mansion, but it stand out in this neighbourhood with a creamy white colour and two story house as most of the houses here are either blue or black with one floor. This privilege is thanks to my dad that has a well-known property business which my mom take on since his death 6 years ago. My mom switch from a housewife to a businesswoman to provide for me and my brother which is only fifteen at that time. I have never been more proud and thankful to my mother that has to do a double job as a provider for the family and an amazing mom for me and my dork brother.