Say that I'm so full of myself, but he's actually seem to be waiting for me as he keeps looking around as if looking for someone

Say that I'm so full of myself, but he's actually seem to be waiting for me as he keeps looking around as if looking for someone. Without wasting anytime, I run to him and greets him.

"Mr. G, I'm sorry that I'm late. My alarm didn't go off since my phone died" I reason with him. He rolled his eyes, something that he will never do in front of others as he tend to live off his reputation as a police deputy chief. I laugh at his reaction.

"No, it's okay princess, I was absolutely okay to wait 15 minutes for you" His words are dripping with sarcasm, but my heart flutter with the pet name he gave me. Then we run together while enjoying each other company. He will tell me the case that he's been working on while I listen since I've always tell him that nothing particular is happening in school. When I was a child, listening to his stories will amaze me and make me want to become a police officer just like him. But he always forbid me to become a police or anything that related to crime since he thought that it was a dangerous world to a little girl like me. I was persistent for the few years later, but I eventually gave up since the lifestyle of a police doesn't match the lifestyle that I want. 

His wife, Mrs. Jones, decided not to take her husband surname and keep her family name after marriage. I met the woman quite frequently as I used to babysit for their daughter, Emily since high school when they both have to go work. Mrs. Jones is an interior designer that quite successful since the couple always been a perfect couple with good job in our neighbourhood.

I've known Mr. Gaudiano since I was 9 when my uncle, my father's brother, introduce me to him. They were friends since college, and at that time, he was just got married to Mrs. Jones. They seems to unable to conceive a child so my present at time really make Mr. G happy as he loves children. I used to think of him as my uncle since he always giving me present and brought me to places. Then, when I was twelve, I heard that the couple decided to get medical help where the fertilisation will be conducted in the lab then planted in Mrs. Jones' womb. This brought them Emily. 

The next year, my father died, Mr. Gaudiano came, but he can't comfort me like he used to since he has his own family and I rarely see him anymore as his wife dislike my mom. My dad came from a wealthy family, while my mom is just a poor waitress when they met. Their marriage is opposed by dad's family which make dad run away with mom and has to start his own business to support the family. Mrs. Jones, knowing the full story, decided to blame my mom for taking away my father from his family. 

I was missing my Mr. G everyday, but I can't do anything since my mom always forbid me from visiting him. When I was 16, I starts to run in the morning to keep my body in shape and I couldn't be more happy when I met him. Soon, the morning run became our daily activity and one day, I asked him if I could be Emily's babysitter when he told me that he's considering to put her in daycare as her mom is working and he got the morning shift. He immediately agrees and I have been constantly babysit Emily for three years. Mrs. Jones started to accept me as she seems to not trust the daycare's safety and having a known neighbour to watch her kid seem to be more effective. 

*******

We ran for the next hour before we separates as I need to prepare for school and he need to start his shift in an hour. I decided to take a relaxing bath and prepare myself slowly as I need to got to school right on time so I can just give the power point printouts to my groupmates without anytime for them to read it. 

When I arrived at school, it's already 7.55 and I see Lola, the stupid nerd that text me last night waiting for me in the front gate. Putting on my fake smile, I greet her.

"Hey, Ads, I text you last night. Did you see it?" She seems to be nervous and I put on a confused face.

"Huh? Really? I didn't see it. Did you sent it after 10? I'm sorry it's already my bedtime" I say while putting on my sorry face.

"Oh, really? I should have text you sooner then, it's about our presentation today"

"Well, I'm just about to go to the class, let's go there and I will give you the printouts" She agrees and by the time we arrive in the class, I see Cecile and Chad approaching me. 

"Where were you? Do you know that I've been waiting for you for like forever? I came to school early so that I can see the printouts and now I won't have time for it" Cecile, one of the girls in the school's 'most popular group' whine dramatically. 

"It's okay babe, Adalyn can you give me the printouts now so we can memorised it?" Holding myself from rolling my eyes, I gave them the printouts and walk to sit with Emma.

It's not my fault that none of them work on it

By the time my butt touch the seat, Mrs. Smith walk in and I could see the panic in their eyes while trying to read the 21 pages slides.

"Alright class, let's start the presentation, from Adalyn's group" I can see her eyeing my groupmates that were in panic and smile at me.

As I already said, I'm a straight A student that has no problem in presenting about Samsung's electronics business strategies and the presentation begin smoothly with me as the first speaker. But when the next speaker, Lola starts speaking, she just reading straight from the printouts that make her stopped by the professor before she even finished. Then, Cecile, which actually smarter than I thought, tries to explain based on the slides even though it was not entirely same with the researches. Finally, the best of them all, Chad, just babbling anything that comes to his mind that entirely opposites to presentation.

"Wait, Chad. Where's Samsung came from?" Mrs. Smith asked while rubbing her temples.

"Um, a garage?" I tried to hold in my laughter while some students laugh loudly.

What a typical stupid jock, he must think that it was a company from google

"Which country, Chad?" Mrs. Smith looks so done with him.

"Um, Canada?" I can't hold my laughter and decided to laugh along with the rest of the students.

"Enough. Skip to next group, Michelle's. Adalyn got A, Cecile's got C, while the rest of you got D." Mrs. Smith announce our grades that make Cecile fuming.

"But, Mrs. Smith, you said you will grade us from the group performance" Cecile tries to persuade the professor but failed miserably.

"No, Cecile. It's not fair for Adalyn, it was clear that she was the only one working on the presentation. The decision is final." We were told to sit and the presentation continues.

*******

The rest of the day continue and when I got out of my last class of the day, Cecile come to me with her friends. They dragged me outside of school before I can say anything. While I was thinking of a way to get out of this, a girl suddenly slaps me and then pull my hair making me look at Cecile  who's folding her arms.

"Hey, bitch. I know you were purposely coming to school late today, that stupid nerd say you always come early. You must know not to mess with the wrong person." Giving me her dirty look, she slaps me this time. I can feel myself fuming with anger but I decided not to use a violence against violence. That's just below my level. I have planned something on my mind.

Then, a familiar car that I know by heart start to make turn towards us and I immediately changes my plans. I started to cry which make Cecile looks more satisfied.

"Are you scared now, bitch? It's too late and I will give you a lesson that reminds you to be a good person" She pushed me to the brick wall behind me and I can feel liquid in dripping to my neck. Then she kicked me in the stomach. 

Fuck, it hurts as hell and I'm going to make sure she got what I got twice tomorrow. But right now, I'm will let her be.

"What the hell is going on here?"