I fall on my butt while holding my stomach as I see Mr

I fall on my butt while holding my stomach as I see Mr. Gaudiano approaching us. Seeing a police officer run towards them, Cecile and her friends panicked and run away. He wanted to chase them, but when he sees me, he stopped and shock were clear in his face as his eyes widened. 

"Oh my God, Adalyn. Are you okay?" He kneel on one knee in front of me and inspected me carefully, looking for any injuries. His eyes noticed the redness on my left cheek and worry consumes him. 

"Did they hit you anywhere else? We need to go to the hospital" Trying to find any logic answer, I replied.

"No, it's okay, I'm fine. I can just go home and nurse the wounds myself"

"No, Adalyn. You need to get professional help. There may be internal injuries and some serious wounds."

"But I don't want to make my mom and Alex worries, they already got enough on their plate" As if, well, it may be true that mom's busy, but my brother, Alex, seems like he never got anything serious going on in his life. 

"Still, I won't let you do this on your own. Let's go to my house, I have first aid kit there." Going as well as planned, I agrees and Mr. Gaudiano helps me to stand on my feet with grabbing my right arm. 

He drive me to his house and sit me on his couch while he fetch for his first aid kit. I can feel my neckline soaked in blood by now, but I guess it's not visible due to my long hair. I move my hair to my left shoulder and when he comes back, he didn't noticed it at first as he immediately takes care of my bruised cheek. His touch left a tingling sensation on my skin and I can feel my face heated up. As he examined my bruise, I get to look at his handsome face closer and I can feel myself getting jealous at the fact that his wife get to sleep next to him everyday. 

It was when Mr. Gaudiano stand up that he realised that my shirt is soaked in blood.

"Shit, you're bleeding. Let me see it" He used tissues to wipe the blood my neck gently, careful with any invisible wounds. As he directly reach for the back of my head, I can't do anything but lean to his chest as his hands surrounded me. He smelled like men's cologne, I think it's sandalwood as I always bought my brother perfume for his birthday. 

Men that smells good is always the best

"I think it's my head, it got scratch when they pushed me." He looks at the back of my head and tried to look for the wound. I wince when he accidentally touch the wound.

"Oh, sorry. I think it's here, I will quickly clean it and got it dressed." As he said, he cleaned and dressed my wound with bandage tape.

"Are police supposed to be good in taking care of someone injured? I thought that they were only need to catch bad guys." I ask him while waiting for him to dress my wound.

"We were taught to do first emergency treatment in case of someone dying, so dressing wound is nothing new. I can even do CPR." An idea pop in my head

"Really, I doubt a police can actually do that. I heard that it's hard and only actual medical professionals can do that." I teased him while giving him my I-don't-believe-you face.

"Oh, really? You want me show you?" He smiled and reached my stomach, planning to tickle me like we used to do when I was younger, but when he touch my stomach, I wince in pain since it's where Cecile kicked me earlier. His facial expression changed and he look at me with a worried face.

"They hit you in the stomach, aren't they?" Without second thought, Mr. Gaudiano lifted my shirt and see that my upper stomach are purple. In a different situation, I would be more than happy when he did that, but he seems to be completely focused on my bruise and not anywhere else.

"I don't think your ribs are broken but it seems like your blood vessels burst. Let me get you some ice" He goes to the kitchen and grab me a cloth with ice in it.

"Here hold it there" He place the cloth in my upper stomach and told me to hold it which I complies directly.

"Did they hurt you anywhere else?" Before I can answer, he starts to search my body. From my back and feet, then back to my other side of stomach. He stopped, wondering what make him to do so, I look at him and saw him looking at my breast that covered in a red bra. Feeling my gaze on him, he look up to met my eyes before quickly averting his eyes on somewhere else. 

"Y-You know those kids that hit you? Do they occasionally do this? Are you being bullied at school?" Looking back at me, he asks me question which were obviously to change the topic. 

"They were in the same class as me, but they misunderstood me about something and that what makes them do something like this. Please don't do anything to them" I knew exactly that he won't let them get away from this, but I can handle this on my own.

Revenge doesn't feel good when it's done by someone else

"No, Adalyn, I can't let them go easily after doing something like this. You know the world is a cruel place where people like you are being hurt by people like them. That's why police exists, princess, to protect people like you. Sometimes you were just too good for your own good." I wonder what he would feel when he know the real me.

"It's okay" I smiled at him, "You already save me, so they won't do things like this anymore" As if, I bet it just thought them a lesson not to hit someone on public place.

"Alright, I won't press them any charges for assault" My face lit up when those words come out, "But, I will tell the school what happened" He adds, making me pouts my lip and he burst out laughing, it reminds me how Mr. Gaudano used to bring to the amusement park and when I asked him to buy me candy, he would refuse, saying that it's bad for my teeth then I would pout my lips and he laughs at that. Seeing that he stills has the same reaction, I'm glad that nothing changes between us.

When I decide to laugh along, the pain in my stomach hits me and make me wince in pain. He stop laughing and look at me with a worried expression.

"I think I have some painkiller for you" He brought me some painkillers and a glass of water. Right when I gulp down the water along with the pills, his phone ring and he excuse himself. While waiting for him, I lay down on the couch and start to feel drowsy because of the pills and my lack sleep.

*******

When I wake up, I wasn't on the couch and I see shirtless Mr. Gaudiano watching television on a sofa in the living room. Then, I realised I was in his bedroom with covers pulled over me.

"Oh, you're awake?"