Scene 7 - Swaid's home

SHADO HQ. Back in the control room, Straker watches the monitor as he turns around to Ayshea.

Straker:

What's taking them so long?

Ayshea:

Our guards will be arriving at the Ufoe site shortly. And Gaitskell and Swaid have been instructed to return to their homes.

Straker:

And Foster?

Ayshea:

On his way.

Sometime later in the morning. We see Swaid drive a different red sports car down the road. The SHADO jeeps, blue mini mokes, are pursuing behind the red sports car. We see Foster and other SHADO guards inside them. Swaid also notices them from behind and puts his foot down and charges down the road. The Jeeps remain close in pursuit. Swaid however begins swerving the car dangerously, narrowly missing a car on the other side of the road. Ronnie, under the possession of the aliens, begins feeling ill and strange. Panting for breath, his cheeks swelling, eyes wandering. His car then just then dives off the road and then jumps off into the trees and forest. We hear it skid. And then runs off into the trees. Swaid runs off towards a tree! He is going to hit another one! CRASH! KABOOM! KABOOM! BAM!

Just like earlier, Swaid's injuries are fatal. His aforementioned conditions worsening. His engine explodes. BOOM! He dives out in agony with more blood, scars and bruises. POW! The tree ignites. As it begins toppling as he jumps away from it just in time. The SHADO jeeps have parked where the black car ran off the road. Foster and the guards rush out with their rifles and shotguns quickly to where they see the burning tree. As Swaid begins to die horrifically on the ground beside the burning tree, he staggers up and with his twisted leg, scrabbles away. When Foster arrives, followed by the others, they follow the trail of the tire tracks, with deeper tracks by a bigger object leading deeper into the forest. They rush around the burning tree and car, when they spot the crawling Swaid attempting yet failing to scurry away like a bug. They rush around and chase him, but when Swaid turns back around and sees Foster and the guards, they halt.

Foster:

Swaid?

They stare at Swaid. Swaid stares back. He grabs out his gun and points them at Foster. Yet his conditions worsen further. His bleeding gushes more. His panting accelerates. His eyes widen. Ronnie's face begins swelling up to a horrid red vein colour, running over his entire flesh. He drops the gun as the possessed alien begins coughing before almost throwing himself to the ground, almost vomiting and shaking. Swaid is then screaming as he shakes uncontrollably until he falls back – dead.

Horrible. Set that fire out.

Some of the guards rush back with Foster and a couple of others investigate carefully the body of Swaid.

Spread out.

Guard 1:

Yes sir!

They then leave, Foster alone examining the disgusting remains of what's left Swaid's corpse. He pulls out a radio to communicate to SHADO HQ, hearing Straker over the radio.

Foster:

Foster to SHADO control.

Straker:

Foster. Report.

Foster:

We've just followed Swaid back home. But he went off the road and crashed into a tree. Then he got out and crawled away.

Straker:

Have you found him?

Foster:

Yes but he didn't get very far. When we found him he was about to kill us. And then his face dried up and a strange infection ran all through his skin. I haven't touched his body.

The Guard runs back.

Guard 1:

Colonel, we found another trail that ran off the road and another red sports car crashed into a tree and a trail and of blood leading towards his house.

Foster:

Was the red car exactly like the one over there?

Guard 1:

Looks like it. And we also know the Ufoe was here – we found scorch marks and a marked grass pattern in a nearby field.

Foster:

Did you get that Commander?

Straker:

I heard. Right. Investigate the vicinity a little further for all we know there could be an alien present. And bring the body back to SHADO HQ immediately. Keep us informed of any further development.

Foster:

Roger Commander.

He closes his radio antenna.