Scene 11 - A Possessed Gaitskell

Gaitskell's home at night. A small building somewhere in a suburban area of London. Rather un-kept, untidy and rather messy, especially for an MP who should remain a good role model to the public. Inside his lit little living room, the bachelor sits in his cramped little lounge. An easy set of a table and chairs against the wall, a passage leading to the kitchen, the door, and wooden steps leading up further. A TV set, futuristic and glitzy Century 21 Fashions and an intricate sofa of dark green. We see Gaitskell cautiously creeps down the steps as though he hadn't stepped down steps in a long time. Of course, Gaitskell was still possessed. A knock on the door. A key is a slot in and unlocking. The entrance opens and another SHADO Guard enters.

Guard 3:

Apologies for the unexpected entrance Mr. Gaitskell...

The possessed Gaitskell stops on the last step as he turns to him with widened eyes as his body language remains neutral. The Guard is a little spooked out.

Oh. I'm sorry for intruding. I'll leave you in peace.

Gaitskell:

Oh, wait a minute dear boy. What is it you want?

Guard 3:

Ah, well I have to inform you that several security questions and biological tests are going to have been carried out on your persons.

Gaitskell:

Of course. Security of course, which I have no idea what exactly it's about either. Might have to look up SHADO at some point. Or ask around. I'm sure someone in government knows. Or did know. Come in and sit down. I don't think you security chaps get all that comforting hospitality. A lot of other colleagues in the cabinet don't. No, it's nice and warm inside. Please, sit.

Guard 3:

Oh. Well. Thank you, Mr. Gaitskell.

They sit on the sofa together.

Gaitskell:

Well my dear chap, what can I do for you?

Guard 3:

Well sir, you know your bodyguard Mr. Swaid?

Gaitskell:

Yes?

Guard 3:

Well... I'm afraid sir... he was involved in a nasty accident earlier today. He ran off the road and went straight into a tree.

Gaitskell:

Oh, dear, dear, dear. Poor fellow. Then I should have to do something about this dreadful tragedy. I will of course send my regards to friends and family.

Guard 3:

Yes, but... In the last twenty-four hours, did you and him ever make... personal touch?

Gaitskell:

What? Whether we physically touched one another? Strange question, but no. Rather brief today. What a shame. And now the poor fellow has unfortunately passed away.

Guard 3:

Our condolences are with you, Mr. Gaitskell.

Gaitskell:

Yes, yes. That's perfectly fine. I never even knew him for long at all.

Guard 3:

And one more thing. I will need to run a biology test over you. If you wouldn't mind placing your finger out into the device here.

Gaitskell:

Oh yes of course. More security.

Guard 3:

Quite minister.

Gaitskell's finger is placed out as the SHADO Guard holds a grey little device like a packet as Gaitskell slots his finger in as the scan commences as the reader investigates and depicts the necessary information to the guard. The possessed alien smiles grimly with his eyes looking down at the device, knowing his biological makeup disguise him. They wait for a while. The SHADO guard then smiles at MP with the reader, with three flashing lights on the Biological Decoder, red at the end for non-human, diseases or any irregularity, yellow for detecting, and green for human and or safe.

Gaitskell:

I think you'll find this specimen to be perfectly human my dear chap.

Guard 3:

I don't think we'll be finding an alien in UK government today. Very well. Thank you Mr. Gaitskell. Our guards will be patrolling and on constant stand by outside. Make sure you self-isolate. Well Mr. Gaitskell, I wish you a goodnight.

Gaitskell:

Goodnight.

The guard leaves the house.

You could say that we're only just getting used to this biology. And we will all feel a lot comfortable once we have all... settled in.

He begins looking over at his hands and arms, the alien possessing his body still adjusting to his new form.