Chapter 10

I don't own One Piece or it's characters :)

Robin's POV

I only knew how much time had passed by the numbers on his arm. For one hour i sat in this cell, rubbing my bare arms to keep warm and blocking out the sounds of clanking metal that were my chains. No one came through the corridor outside my cell, not even to bring a meal. My stomach rumbled and i shushed it quietly. i couldn't afford to let myself get weak from lack of sustenance. i had yet to figure out a way of escape. Once i removed the Moon pearl i could easily break free.

The seconds ticked by. My movement became desperate and shaky, with only four hours left. My wrist was rubbed red from constant pressure against the Moon Pearl cuffs, trying to slide it through, but i had no luck. the only option seemed to break my wrist, but i was hesitant, i can't escape with a hundred broken wrists. The thought was already sending sparks of pain up my arms.

I looked at Zoro again. his skin was pale as a vampire, lips drained from all color and hair limp and dead across his forehead. When bodies lose their lives, they immediately begins to break down into gas and decay. It had only been about a day and half since his sacrifice, but already he was losing form. I had been around plenty of dead bodies in my life, but never one of someone i truly cared about.

I breathe heavily through my nose, finally resigning myself to the inevitable. breaking my wrists would be the only option to get out of this mess. I sucked my bottom lip and ripped a shred of cloth from my skirt, stuffing it inside my mouth, preparing myself for the pain.

"Snap!" My bones shattered with a sound like a gunshot. I bite hard on the cloth, whimpering through tears suddenly leaking down my face. I dared not move for a minute, straining for the sound of a guard's boots clicking across the hard cobble ground, but none came, and i followed myself a quite squeak of pain. This was not the first time i'd broken a bone, but the pain still got me. Struggling to remain as silent as possible, i slipped my wrists through my Moon Pearl cuffs, sliding them gently to the ground. i spat the cloth from my mouth, grimacing pain.

I wasn't sure what i was expecting, but no sudden urge of life energy flared in my veins as my abilities returned. I shouldn't have thought something childish like that. as it was, with both hands practically immobile, i would have some trouble sliding Zoro free from his own restraints.

Luckily for me, my dominant wrist had retained less damage than my left, and did not hurt as bad when it moved. My fingers twitched, but moved all the same, perhaps even more luckily, The vampire or dwarf or whoever had locked Zoro up had been careless and the shackle binding his ankle was a size too large, and his foot slide cleanly through. His skin was cool to the touch, and i felt another surge of tears welding behind my eyes as i touched him. I was so happy just to able to touch him again.

I walked to the cell door, cradling both wrists in the opposite armpit as if that would somehow ease the throbbing. it was highly likely this metal was constructed of Moon Pearl as well.

the best way to get the key is to lure it from the guard, but there were two problems with that plan. One it would alert the guard that i had somehow escaped my restraints and two there was no guard to begin with.

I experimented with my current abilities, blooming various body parts inside and outside the cell doors, finding that as long as i was careful not to touch metal, i was on free reign with my powers. With each hand that i bloomed, the pain in my wrists doubled, and at ten hands i reached my maximum capacity of silence.

I breathed deeply, struggling to control my lungs. My limbs disappeared in a puff of petals, and i rested for a moment to ease my mind from the thousand knifes stabbing my wrists. Steeling myself, i bloomed eyes up and down the corridor, scanning for the keys to this cell. It was harder than i imagined, to bloom eyes in places I've never been before can be exhausting, and it required a period of rest between expeditions.