II

Meanwhile, Yoongi & Taehyung arrive at the rooftop. They both look back just to check if someone saw them and thankfully, the stares going to their secret place is still peaceful. Taehyung feels like he's out of air when Yoongi finally let go of his hand. The younger was about to thank the senior when Yoongi beats him to it.

"Jungkook likes you and the kids saw what happened in the auditorium so most likely, your life will never be the same. Do you still want to stay in SNU after this?" he asks, his eyes void of any emotion. Taehyung gulps.

He doesn't know why Yoongi would ask that.

"I--well, this is my dream." Tae starts, not really sure how to answer the order's question.

Yoongi then turns away from his, facing the vast view of the university. In their spot, they could see the whole ground.

"Ever since I came to this university, many tried to catch Guk's attention but they all left getting nothing from him but broken dreams. He isn't even aware himself that there are people who got hurt because of him." Yoongi recalls the times when he witnessed other boys & girls being thrown away from SNU just because they liked Jk.

And now that he's witnessing another start of the cycle, he just can't stand it anymore. The Ice Prince himself doesn't know why he's drawn into this freshman. He isn't sure if his innocence or his familiar eyes that makes him want to protect him.

"W-why are you telling me all this?" Taehyung asks while staring at the back of the senior. Yoongi looks back at him with his serious face.

"Because you remind me of someone I failed to protect a long time ago. Leave SNU while you can." Yoongi said.

Taehyung fell into silence. He wants to ask who or what happened to that person he failed to protect. He wants to ask why and how did he fail protecting the person, but what remains in his head is the last statement, 'leave SNU'. He clenches his fist, he holds his breathe.

For years, he worked really hard so he could move towards his dream. Mr. & Mrs. Park, Hyunshik, Jiminie, the children in the orphanage is all rooting for him. They are all giving him strength; they are all waiting for him to finally achieve his dream. And here is a man he barely know asking him to leave SNU, his way to achieve his dream! NO, no matter how he likes Yoongi, his answer is NO. Taehyung swallows the lump forming in his throat before he speaks again. He feels like he's about to cry and no matter how he tries to stop his tears, he failed.

"Leave SNU? Why? Because of those losers who want to get rid of me so that Jeon f*cking Jungkook would give them his precious attention instead? Hyung I thought you're different from them. I thought for one second when you give me your hand, you care. But I guess I'm wrong."

Taehyung is now crying. He can't stop his emotions drilling in his heart not just because Yoongi asked him to leave SNU but it's because it's really annoying him to think that in this world, nothing is really fair!

He never asked that stupid coconut head to even glance at him, why must he suffer like this?!

Yoongi feels bad for making the freshman cry, he feels even worst realizing what he told him a while ago. He can't believe he let a stranger hear that from himself. Then he saw the determination in Taehyung's eyes when he's speaking.

"You don't want to leave, but why would you want to stay?" Yoongi asks again.

Tae lifts his gaze at the senior's eyes for the first time. He isn't intimidated anymore.

"Because this is not just my dream, it's my family's. So I will stay and finish this until I achieve my dreams." Yoongi bows down to hide his smile, he's right after all.