xvi

as the rainfall started to get heavier autumn stood up and walked over to the swings. the girl sat down on the yellow martial and started moving her legs back and forth, picking up speed. 

"what the fuck are you doing?" he asked chuckling, "I'm having fun, come on" she encouraged wanting him to come swing with her, but schlatt liked watching her from afar. he could take it all in. 

"I'm gonna have to pass on that" she pouted, "pleaseeeeeee" schlatt couldn't help but smile, "okay fine" he got up off the bench and sat down on the swing that hung right next to hers. 

as the two played in the rain, something just felt right. it was like how it used to be when everything was simple. "I feel like an idiot," the boy said as he swung back and forth, autumn let out a soft laugh, "that's not the swings fault". 

once she was high enough, autumn jumped off the swing and stuck her landing. she turned back around to face him, schlatt had a relieved look on his face. "You're gonna break a limb" "my body is less fragile than yours you old man" "autumn, you're older than me" he pointed out, "only by a couple of months".

he stopped the swing and pushed his wet brown hair out of his face. both of them were soaking wet, but it didn't matter. schlatt walked over to autumn who was sitting back on the bench where they had started, he sat beside her. 

autumn lay her head down on his lap letting the raindrops hit her right in the face. he began to play with her hair. 

"I missed this" 

"I did too"