Daddy issues

Shorts are definitely not appropriate attire for waking though knee high nettles. After about the seventh sting on my legs I got fed up and called Bootcamp out to carry me bridal style over them seeing as she had her legs covered. Josuke gave me a weird look but I ignored him, deciding to scold him for bringing me into a field of nettles without telling me.

"Sorry about that, I kinda forgot there were so many nettles on the way here, it's been a while since I was last here." "Wait why are we in a field anyway?" He seemed to think to himself for awhile, deciding what an appropriate answer would be for that. "I'm not sure to be honest, I just wanted to go somewhere today." He paused "And you seem like a pretty cool person." He mumbled the last bit.

Josuke slid a backpack that I only noticed at that point off his shoulder and unzipped it, revealing bags of gummies and other snacks. "And I also have way too much food to get through by myself." He said with a smirk on his face.

We trekked through the field until we came across the world's thiccest and most climbable tree to exist. Running over to go find the best branch to sit on, I quickly scrambled up, breaking multiple smaller sticks on the way. Josuke laughed at my antics and approached the tree in a much calmer fashion.

"Here gimme the bag, it'll be easier to climb up without the extra weight." He slid the bag off his shoulders for the second time and held it up for me to grab. "Ya know I could climb up either way, I'm a big strong boy." He said with a stupid grin across his face as he flexed his arm. "Oh my, how did I ever get the chance to meet such a man?" I said in the flattest tone possible. "Shut up and just climb the damn tree."

I had scooted farther down the branch to give him space, until I was leaning against another branch sprouting out of it. Josuke had opened the bag and passed me a can of soda, which I immediately opened. I listened to Josuke talk as I glugged down half of the can. "I used to come here all the time with my gramps as a kid but I kinda grew out of it and I haven't really been here since." "My grandad was never really around when he was alive, so I don't really have any cool memories like that." "Sorry he died." "Nah don't worry, like I said, I didn't really know him."

We sat there for a good hour cracking jokes, telling stories and scarfing down everything in the bag until we got onto the conversation of family. "I've never met my dad, he got my mom pregnant and just ran off. She never really got over him and it pisses me off, she's so strung up over a guy that didn't even stick around." I debated not telling him about my family, but it would be better to get some stuff off my chest, and I could trust him. "My dad's an alcoholic and I've had to live with him my entire life, so I guess I would be pretty happy to have your dad instead." "Wait what? Is that why you moved over here then?" "Yeah that's a big contributor. I'm not going to get into detail, but basically my step mum went batshit and I awakened my stand and made some old guy in an alleyway have a breakdown on the ground, so then some more stuff happened, moved in with some guy and then moved over here."

He stared at me for a while and took all that in, I mean I did drop a lot on him in the span of two minutes. "Wow, that- that's interesting to say the least." "You bet."

We went on to talk more about the stuff we did in the past, I told him about that one time I got a friend to sneak me into one of The Smiths' concerts, and he told me about why he gets defensive over his hairstyle.

A few hours had gone by and we decided to head home. So I tried to climb down the tree, but my legs had different plans and decided I was going to just fall off the tree backwards. By the time I had registered I was falling, Josuke had grabbed me by the foot and he was staring at me wide eyed.

"Oh" was all I had to say. I was dangling for a few more seconds before we both burst out laughing. I was almost choking on my laughter by the time he had dragged me back up to the branch.