A Challenger Approaches

Josuke's POV
==========================

It's been almost 2 weeks since I went into panic mode over Y/N. I don't know how but I managed to act like a normal human being for the rest of the day.

Today we had decided to go to the tree in the field yet again, everything was going fine, we were chatting and joking.

But oh my god I've realised how cute she is and I can't handle it, at all.

==========================
Y/N POV
===========================

"Okay okay, but like, what are you meant to do if a shark comes up behind you? I've heard you're meant to punch them, but I don't think it would work, they would just bite your hand off." "I highly doubt a shark would come anywhere near you in shallow water Y/N." I huffed and looked away from him "I know got chased to shore by a shark in Florida, that was in shallow water."

We continued to go back and forth on our shark debate, deciding that if faced with a shark we would probably have a panic attack and die.

All was well and fine until Josuke pointed out he could smell burning from somewhere. We both quickly hopped off the tree to go investigate what the deal was.

Trekking through long dry grass I turned to Josuke. "Hey if this is a serious fire it's probably gonna spread pretty fast with this." I pointed at said grass.

He hummed in acknowledgement, but stared off in the direction of the forest connected to the field. Turns out there was a very faint line of smoke rising from near the entrance.

Without saying a word I ran off in the direction of it, scraping my legs on a few thistles that were hidden by the grass. I really need to stop wearing shorts in the field.

"Oi Y/N slow down! We don't know how serious this is, it might be dangerous." Josuke started running after me when he realised I wasn't for slowing down. He quickly caught up to me because of his stupid long legs.

Still running, I reached the forest, noting the sudden change in the atmosphere, suddenly feeling cold. Josuke seemed to notice as well.

"Okay what the fuck is up with that?" "I don't know, it seems really sketchy to me." I kept walking further into the forest, pine needles crunching under my feet.

Now that I was thinking about it, it smelled like the fire was a burning pine branch. It just didn't make much sense that there was so little smoke if it was pine. (That shits smokes like crazy, it's kinda scary)

Walking further towards the smoke, I noticed the smell get stronger, giving me a migraine. Brushing it off I walked even further, getting slightly dizzy.

Me and Josuke were both dizzy and the fire didn't smell quite right, but we both felt like we had to keep walking towards it.

I felt myself starting to wobble, tiredness started to seep in and I could barely keep walking, yet I continued. My thoughts went blurry as did my vision.

I eventually flopped onto the forest floor, the last thing I heard was Josuke mumble something and a second thump next to me.

Then it all went black.

==========================

Waking up to loud arguing, I opened my eyes to only see extremely blurred vision. I tried to rub my eyes, but I found that a little difficult due to my hands being tied behind my back with some kind of scratchy rope.

I groaned as a bolt of pain shot through my head. Deciding not to move and try my best to listen to the argument that was now unfolding in front of me.

I didn't hear any words, all I could make out was Josuke's voice and an unknown man's voice, probably our age. I quickly noticed how annoyingly high pitched the unknown guys voice, he seemed panicked, whereas Josuke seemed to be angry.

At that point the shouting just became a significant factor to my headache.

"OKAY I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU GUYS ARE ARGUING ABOUT, JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP MY HEAD HURTS!"

They went silent and I groaned in pain again. I heard someone walking towards me. Josuke then spoke out "Y/N? Can you see anything?" "No? Am I blind or something now?" He stayed silent.

"We... we don't know if it's gonna wear off." "We?" I could hear the second guy slowly walk towards me as well. "The name's Takai Naoya." He said nonchalantly. Smug bastard.

"Well then Naoya, make me not blind." Josuke butted in again. "I've tried to get him to do that, but his stand doesn't work like that apparently." "Oh great, he just had to be a stand user."

"So like, is anyone gonna untie me then?" Josuke let out a quiet "Oh yeah." and untied my hands. I bent my fingers, happy to now be able to feel them.

I then had the great idea to try stand up, which only resulted in me wobbling around like a baby deer and eventually falling down again. Deciding to stay seated, I opened my eyes again, and surprise surprise, my eyes were still blurry.

"His stand let's out smoke that knocks people out and sometimes blinds them, he gives it random smells to lure victims in. He said he was trying to lure in a few birds for whatever reason, hence the burning pine smell."

"So you mean to tell me that I'm blind now because this kid was trying to catch birds?" I sent a glare towards where I thought Takai was, I really couldn't tell.

"A little to the left" Josuke quietly corrected me. Following his instructions I hardened my glare ever so slightly.

"Well you better find a way to fix it, I'm not spending the rest of my life blind because some dumbass had a thing for birds." "I don't know how to fix it, I tried while you were still unconscious."

"Ughhhh just take me to nonna, she'll probably know what to do." "To who now?" "My nonna, and you're coming too dipshit."

I tried to stand up again, only for Josuke to pick me up and sling me over his shoulder and start walking. "You're just gonna fall if you try walk there." "Fair enough."

I whined almost the whole way home, fed up with not being able to see anything, Josuke ignored my complaints, only talking to occasionally check that Takai was still following us.

We eventually reached the door and Josuke put me down, deciding it would be a bit easier to explain to nonna if I wasn't slung over his shoulder.

Josuke rang the doorbell for me and nonna answered the door.

"Y/N why are your eyes closed?"

==========================

1149 words. Well it's been a hot minute since I last updated. It's kinda been a mixture of me not having motivation and being busy, so sorry about that dudes.

Anyways I was thinking of starting another fic because why not, it's gonna be vento aureo x reader, so lemme know if y'all want that I guess

Ciao~
Cass