Two goofs just goofing

After long discussion, Josuke and I decided that making a new uniform would be too drastic, plus I wouldn't have the patience for that.

Instead we had settled on looking for a suitable jacket and a bunch of patches, cutesy ones and band ones.

We had finally reached the thrift shop Josuke had talked about. Holy shit it was massive. I wondered how I didn't notice it when Josuke became my personal tour guide.

He opened the door with a dumb grin on his face "Ladies first." "Oh how chivalrous." I walked in and was immediately met with rows upon rows of clothes. They were all organised into different sections aswell, not the typical mess that most thrift shops are. "Okay, you weren't joking about it being good."

We walked through the various jacket aisles, trying to find something that both Josuke and I could agree worked wih the uniform.

We were looking at the jackets and deciding what would and wouldn't work for about five minutes before I came across a denim jacket, it was like love at first sight.

It was an oversized grey denim jacket, probably reached just above my butt, it had no patches on it and it was slightly distressed in certain areas. It was perfect

I immediately took the hanger off the rack and shoved it towards Josuke. He was caught off guard by me aggressively punching him with a hanger but he took the jacket out of my hands and looked at it. "This is the one." "Are you sure? We should probably look around a little longer to see if there's anything else you like" I nodded at him "Nope, this is definitely the one I want, I'm certain of it."

He handed the jacket back to me and led me to the area full of sew on patches and back patches. The large album cover back patches immediately caught my eye. I looked through the different choices: depeché mode, the cure, the smiths, queen, led zeppelin, the Beatles, Radiohead and just about every band you could think of.

I settled on the album cover for the queen is dead, it was weird but it fitted in with the colour of the jacket. I started sifting through the smaller patches for the rest of the jacket, meanwhile Josuke was looking for patches to use on my uniform.

I had picked out about three smaller patches before Josuke tapped on my shoulder and held out several detailed butterflies in pink, blue and purple. "I was thinking these would look really good on your uniform, they would contrast the colour." I took one out of his hand, which was very big, like he has really big hands what's up with that, and I looked at it carefully. "They look really pretty." "I'll take that as a yes then?" "You may take that as a yes."

With the help of Josuke I had gathered up all the patches I wanted on my jacket, the most notable ones being the prince symbol, a dark side of the moon patch and a circular soundgarden patch.

We both walked up to the counter to pay, I set all my stuff down and greeted the elderly woman as she greeted me back with a smile and checked the tag on the jacket. I slid my bag off one shoulder and pulled out my purse. "That will be ¥3476 please" (roughly £25) whipping out the money to pay her I set it in her hand as she gave me my change from the register.

"It's nice to see you finally got a girlfriend Josuke." Josuke choked on nothing and I laughed awkwardly. "Oh ummm, we aren't dating." "WE'RE JUST FRIENDS!" We both said at the same time, Josuke seemingly more panicked than me about it.

The woman let out a hearty laugh. "If you say so. Here's your change." I cleared my throat and thanked the woman and put the patches and jacket into my bag, being careful not to crease it. "Thank you for shopping here, have a great day!" "You too." And with that, we were headed back to my house.

==========================

"So what's our plan of approach?" I asked Josuke, my uniform, jacket and patches splayed across the bed along with the legendary biscuit tin full of sewing equipment.

"You should start with the uniform first seeing as its easier to sew. I'll get started on the jacket." So anyway I started sewing the small butterflies onto my uniform, on the sleeves and torso, making sure not to make it look tacky and ruin it.

We made small talk whilst sewing on the patches, I had put around the world in a day into the CD player and the songs were playing quietly in the background as we focused on our handiwork.

Josuke seemed to perk up at the sound of raspberry beret starting. He lept out of his personal nest of thread and fabric to try turn up the hifi deck, key word being try.

After watching him stare at the buttons for a hot minute I got up to help him. "Move it dumb dumb." I said as I shoved him to the side. "It's not my fault you have the world's most confusing deck." I turned the volume up and turned around to stare at him. "There, not so difficult."

His attention went back to the music and he started lightly head banging and singing along. I was trying my best not to laugh at him. "You're actually such a dumbass." "Yeah but it's fun being a dumbass."

I didn't need much more convincing than that to start singing along with him. At some point we had forgotten that other people exist and we were just immaturely leaping around the room while screaming the lyrics at each other.

We both pointed at each other from our points of the room

"Listen
They say the first time ain't the greatest
But I tell ya
If I had the chance to do it all again"

I ran over to my bed and stood on top of it, singing out the rest of the verse dramatically.

"I wouldn't change a stroke
'Cause baby I'm the most
With a girl as fine as she was then!"

The song eventually ended, Josuke lifted me down from the bed. "I can get down myself you know?" "Tree." "I will slap you."

==========================

About fifteen minutes passed and we had finished sewing everything on. Josuke handed me the jacket and I picked it up along with the uniform. "I'm gonna go try these on, I'll be back in a sec."

Closing the bathroom door behind me, I changed into the uniform and did a few poses in the mirror. I was actually impressed by how good it looked on, I half expected it to look like a cheap kid's costume. I took note that the skirt was a little bit too long though.

Repeating the process for the jacket, I opened the door and walked back into my room to see Josuke absent-mindedly looking through the books on the shelf. I coughed to get his attention.

"Soooo, what do you think?" His ears turned red as he looked me up and down. "Pretty good." He almost choked on his words.

"You all good there?"

==========================

1222 words. I literally could not be bothered to write or anything and I kinda forced myself to write because I felt unproductive for a while week so it seems really forced and I don't know how to fix it and I don't wanna redo it so we're just gonna live with it

Ciao~
The queen of procrastination, Cass