Prelude

Breathe in..... and out.... in.... out

Standing in front of the class, Y/N had to remind herself to breathe. Hearing some whispering, she glanced in the direction of the culprits and saw two guys having a hushed debate. She tried to read their lips, but the white fluorescent lighting made it hard to see. 

Professor Straum's voice rang out, "If I can have your attention: class, Y/N will be joining our orchestra as a flautist from this day forward. Please give her a warm welcome."

"Um... hi guys! My name is Y/N and I'm from California. I hope to get along with you.!" she realized how awkward she must have sounded. Maybe no one noticed?

No such luck.... kids were sniggering in the back. SIGH

"You may take a seat in the woodwind section Y/N" Professor Straum gently nudged Y/N towards her seat. 

Please don't trip. Please don't trip. PLEASE DON'T TR- *CRASH*

She just face planted in front of everyone. OH GOSH. Trying to get up, she realized her muscles weren't cooperating. As she stumbled forward, a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist, keeping her upright. 

"Are you okay?" she turned around and made eye contact with someone's chest. "Eyes up here" his voice chuckled softly, prompting her to look up. Looking into his eyes, she was startled.
"Yeah, thanks for helping me." she whispered nervously, "I'm a bit of a klutz."

"Nonsense! We're classmates and I never turn down an opportunity to help a damsel in distress" he winked at her making her face as red as Korean Fire Noodles. "I'm Eddy, your name's Y/N, right?"

"Yeah, nice to meet you" she whispered, walking to her seat.

Glancing at Eddy, she saw him sit next to the guy he was talking to earlier when she was at the front of the class. He looked deadpan but he was unconventionally handsome, very much so. He turned around, catching Y/N's stare with a cocked head. How cute...

Crap! I've been staring too long 

Clearing her throat, Y/N turned to the front of the room.

"If any of you have any questions, come ask me during office hours. For now, class dismissed!" no sooner had the Straum spoken than the students stampeded out the doors to lunch break. Y/N picked up her things, ready to head out.

"Hey Y/N Brett and I are gonna go to the cafeteria, wanna join us?" she hadn't noticed Eddy behind her, the handsome guy from earlier standing next to him with his hands in his pockets. 

Guess his name is Brett... how fitting... Noticing her stare, Brett nodded at Y/N.

Snap out of it Y/N!

"Sure! I'm down." Y/N flashed her crooked smile at the pair and together, they walked towards the cafeteria.

~~~A/N~~~

Hi there! Thank you for reading this chapter UwU

I will update regularly moving forward and hope you guys will love this story as much as I love writing it! <3

Read, comment, and vote!~~~