L a c r i m o s o

Y/N kept fidgeting while walking next to Brett. They haven't said a word to each other since they left her house... What does one say when one's brother basically threatens their crush? "Sorry about that Brett. Jackson... he can be a little overprotective."

Brett jumped at her voice, startled out of his thoughts. "Oh, don't worry about it. I think it's cool."

"You were a bit scared, weren't you?" Y/N teased.

"No I wasn't."

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, he scares away anything with testosterone that dares come near me. But, I gotta say I was truly impressed by you. You held your ground really well, no one else is that calm in the face of Jackson's wrath. I maybe think you're .001% cool." Noticing that Brett hadn't responded to her teasing, Y/N looked at him. His ears are red? Could he BE more pure than this?

Brett cleared his throat, "So did you study for the bio quiz or are you waiting till five minutes before class, as per usual?"

"HEY, I'm a good student."

"More like you got lucky with a freakish memory."

"What's the use of my memory, huh? I'm still stupid."

"I don't think you're stupid Y/N..." Brett said as they reached their destination, "you're just lazy." And with that, Brett dashed inside before she could beat his sorry ass. Who knew he could tease like that? Guess Eddy and I are rubbing off on him...

Pulling out her phone, Y/N texted him:

Y/N:

Just u wait, jerk

Ur lucky the teacher's there,

otherwise I'd unleash my wrath

Bretty:

Empty threats

You wouldn't do anything

Y/N:

Ur right... I wouldn't

Bretty:

See?

Y/N:But my brother would gladly kick butt for me...Would you like to test that theory?

Bretty:

Are you trying to get me killed?

Y/N:

Maybe I won't unleash Jackson...If you help me
study for math...

Bretty:

Deal.You're evil, you

know that right?

Y/N:Mhm, but I'm cute, so it's okay

Y/N was looking down at her phone texting Brett while walking to her class.

"Oy, what're you smiling like an idiot for?"

"Huh?" Y/N looked up and made eye contact with Eddy and his infuriating smirk.

"Texting Bretty?"

"Please Eddy, 1st period hasn't even started. I can't handle your antics this early in the day."

"Just sayin'" Eddy held his hands up in defense. "By the way, I heard your bro met the boyfriend this morning."

"My brother Jackson opened the door for my friend this morning, yes. And how'd you hear about that already? I literally just left Brett."

"Ey, don't underestimate how quickly news spreads, especially between best friends."

"Well, it was a bit of a disaster. Jackson told Brett that I told him about how amazing Brett is as a violinist. It was completely embarrassing."

"What? You didn't tell your brother that I was amazing too?"

"I just can't with you. I tell you my brother basically outed me to the guy I love and you're worried about your ego?" Y/N burst out. Shit... did I just say "love" out loud?

"Um... I'm sorry, I was messing with you." Eddy stared nervously at her. "Did you say love? I'm not teasing you, Y/N. I'm seriously asking: Are you in love with Brett?" She'd never heard Eddy be this solemn before.

"I- I'm not sure, I haven't said it out loud before. But, I guess I am. Of course I had to fall for the one guy who doesn't frikkin know I, Y/N the woman, exist. He sees me the way he sees you: a buddy." She chuckled sadly.

Eddy put a comforting arm around Y/N. "Listen, I know I teased you before... but that's when I thought it was just a crush. Now that I know it's love, I think you have a decision to make. Confess to him or put space between you guys so you can move on."

"I know you're right. I can't bear being so close to him all the time without wanting to hug him or just stop and stare on the rare occasion he lets out a full smile and his eyes crinkle. But I also can't bear to be away from him. I'm fucking lost either way."

A hand on her face startled Y/N out of her thoughts. "Huh? What?"

"You're crying..." Eddy showed her the teardrop he just brushed off her cheek. At this revelation, Y/N ran to the bathroom. I've never let anyone see me cry. What the hell is this love doing to me.

ヽ(●゚'Д`゚●)ノ゚Author's Note ヽ(●゚'Д`゚●)ノ゚

Sorry for the lousy writing guys...

I'm just feeling kinda down today so I wasn't able to focus much while writing

I promise to do better in the next chapter!