T a c e t

Y/N wiped her tears and exited the bathroom, only to bump her head into the doorframe on her way out. "Ouch!"

"You okay over there?" Sh*t, it has to be him of all people

"Yeah, don't worry Brett. I'll be fine."

"Here, let me see." she panicked as Brett stood only a few inches away from her, his hot breath fanning on her face as he checked her for injuries.

"I said I'm fine!" Y/N snapped.

"What? Why are you being rude? I'm trying to see if you're okay," a frown adorned his face. "Hold up, were you crying?"

"I wasn't crying, my eyes teared up when I hit my head, that's all."

"Okay, I'm taking you to the nurse's office whether you like it or not." And with that, Brett grabbed Y/N's wrist and led the way. If only you knew how fast my heart beats when you hold my hand like that.

~~~~~~~

"She'll be fine, just use the icepack. Remember, 5 on, 5 off."

"Got it, thanks Mrs. Mallard." Turning to Brett, Y/N said "Go back to class, I'll be fine."

"Okay, but text me if you need anything. I'll come with Eddy to pick you up for our walk home."

She'd forgotten about that cursed dinner... "Sure. Now, go." Y/N watched his retreating back from her cot and sighed wistfully. She was allowed to go back to class after the nurse checked up on her again. Y/N grumbled that she was fine and headed to class. The rest of her day was boring, as expected. The only good thing that came out of being stuck in the nurse's office was that she was excused from the biology quiz she was supposed to take.

The end of the school day came quickly, and with it, the dreaded dinner. Eddy and Brett were walking with her to her house, the sidewalk too narrow for all three of them so Y/N walked slightly ahead, swinging her arms and kicking around pine cones. She could hear Eddy and Brett murmuring amongst themselves but she was too distracted by her own thoughts to pay attention to them. Startled, she felt an arm hook through hers.

"So, is 'dinner' code word for beat-down? Because from what I've heard, your bro's been making threats." Eddy waggled his eyebrows making Y/N roll her eyes.

"Jackson is probably going to test y'all by asking questions and watching you like a hawk."

"Okay, we'll be on our best behavior today, won't we Bretty?"

"I will, though I'm not sure if Eddy can be trusted to act like an adult for a whole evening."

Putting on an exaggerative thinking face, Y/N said "You're right, I think we need to keep this dinner to 1 or 2 hours maximum. Otherwise, Eddy's crazy might pop out." Bretty and Y/N laughed as Eddy whined at their teasing.

Soon, the boys were standing back while Y/N unlocked the door. She ushered them in and their noses were assaulted with the scent of...

"FRIED CHICKEN!" Eddy and Y/N exclaimed at the same time. 

A voice greeted them, "Hey Totoro, I'm in the kitchen." Y/N dragged the nervous boys along with her. When they entered the kitchen, they were greeted by the sight of Jackson's broad back. Y/N ran up to him and tickled his sides resulting in him smacking her on the head. "HEY! That's dangerous, I'm holding a knife!" Y/N pouted while rubbing her head. Turning his attention to the boys standing behind her, Jackson greeted, "So, you're the other friend I heard so much about. Eddy Chen, right? A violist?" Y/N giggled to herself, she told Jackson to prank Eddy and call him a violist earlier over text. 

"Mr. Jackson Sir, I don't know why Y/N would make such heinous claims against me, but I am not violist. I play the violin, an instrument that is far superior." Eddy puffed his chest out, playfully getting mad. 

"Haha, take it easy. My little sis wanted to prank you and asked me to call you that." Jackson chuckled, amused at Eddy's comical reaction. "I'm just going to finish chopping up these onions and then I'll join you guys. Mind setting the table Y/N?"

"Sure! I don't mind. Brett and Eddy, you guys can go wait in the living room." Y/N started pulling out plates from the cabinet but was interrupted as someone took the plates out of her hand.
"Where do you want these?" Brett asked. 

"Brett, you're the guests. Just go rest, okay?"

"Where's your cutlery?" Brett kept helping, ignoring her pleas. *Sigh* He's so stubborn, but I guess that's what makes him attractive. 

Ten minutes later, they were all settled around the table, dishing out the delicious food Jackson cooked.

"So, boys, tell me about yourselves? And don't leave anything out, after all, I wanna know who my precious sister is spending all her time with." 

Oh boy, this is gonna be the longest dinner ever...

.+:。(ノ・ω・)ノ゙ Author's Note  ヾ(・ω・。)シ。:+.

Hello~ (UwU) I hope you guys enjoy this chapter more than the last one

I wonder what questions Jackson has for Bretty? Ψ(`∀'#)ノ *insert evil laugh* Ψ(`∀'#)ノ

Anyhoo! Please read, save, and vote! ehe 

Till Next Time-

Haruka-chan σ(≧ε≦o)