A c c e l e r a n d o

*Flash forward 3 months*

"Yah! Wait up!" Y/N slung her arm around Eddy's shoulder, pulling him down to her level while rubbing his head with her knuckles. 

"Ouch! Breeeett, Y/N's hurting me again" Eddy fake-cried. Hearing Brett's name, Y/N quickly let go of Eddy and blushed, but Brett was no where in sight. "Hah! Got you!". Eddy smirked, "You wanna look proper in front of Brett cuz you like him. Brett and Y/N sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I- OOF" Eddy keeled over in pain as Y/N just kicked his shin. "HEY, what was that for?!?"

"Because you're being an idiot. I don't like Brett that way, okay?" Y/N huffed, cheeks pink. 

"Pshh, you can lie to yourself, but you can't lie to me. As your Cupid-sensei, I support you in your pursuit of my best friend."

"Eddy, how many times do I have to repeat myself? We are JUST friends. Not everyone has raging hormones like you," Eddy scoffed, "Don't think I didn't see you checking out the Japanese transfer cutie from chemistry" Eddy put his hand over his heart in mock-indignation.

"I assure you, I haven't the faintest idea as to what you are referring to. Now stop changing the subject, you like him. He might like you back, you never know. You should tell him"

"Just drop it, okay?" Y/N pushed open the door to orchestra, Eddy following close behind.

"But Y/N you're gonna have to tell Brett eventually-"

"Tell me what?" Y/N heart almost stopped when she heard Brett's voice. Turning around, she saw him with that cute tilted head pose he always does.

"That my brother is coming in a week!" Y/N nervously yelled.

"Quick save" Eddy whispered into her ear, earning an elbow to the ribs from her.

"Umm... You already told me about that, remember? You spammed the group chat last night asking for gift ideas for him" Brett raised an eyebrow at Y/N.

Fumbling, Y/N started looking for excuses "OMG really? LOL I can be so stupid haha, can't believe I forgot. Silly me!"

Brett looked at her the way one would look at a deranged person. Which, in all honesty, fit her actions. "Okay... did you spend all night reading again? Maybe drank a few too many cups of coffee this morning? Or maybe you have a fever, let me check" and with that Brett placed the palm of his hand on Y/N's forehead.

Y/N's breathing stopped. This was the closest she'd ever been to Brett. She always tussled with Eddy but she never made unnecessary physical contact with the object of her affections, always afraid that her feelings would show through. Feeling her face heat up, she quickly stepped back and chuckled nervously, "See, no fever. I actually was up watching Totoro again."

"What's your obsession with Totoro about anyway?" sighed Brett. "You really need to start sleeping otherwise you're gonna start looking like a panda with those undereyes," he may have missed the way Y/N's expression fell, but Eddy noticed.

"Hey Y/N, don't worry. I still think you look cute, panda or not. Your obsession with Totoro is adorable as well." Eddy patted her head.

"Pfft, Eddy call me cute one more time and I'll beat you" Y/N feigned hitting him, making Eddy put his hands up in defeat.

"You guys, stop messing around. Professor Straum is trying to tell us something." Brett whispered to his two friends.

"Okay Mr. Perfect" Eddy whisper-yelled, causing Straum to throw a glare his way before continuing his speech.

"So class, as I was saying before Mr. Chen decided to interrupt me, I have an announcement to make." Eddy shrunk under Straum's criticism, drawing a giggle from Y/N. "You are going to be putting on a showcase at the end of the year. This is a huge opportunity for those of you who want to pursue a professional career in music. Some of the most famous orchestras are sending recruiters to this showcase, meaning you may get scouted." Y/N looked over at her friends and saw them glance at each other with excitement. "For those of you who wish, you may sign up for a solo performance in order to show off your talent to the recruiters. You have till Friday to come to my office and discuss a solo with me. Now, let's all open our textbooks to page 394, we will be continuing our lesson on Liszt's compositions."

"Guys, this is so exciting. I'm definitely trying for a solo. How about you?" Eddy whispered animatedly.

"I'm not sure if I wanna pursue a professional career as a flautist. I think my passion is in writing" Y/N whispered back. "Bretty, you'll be going for a solo, right?"

"I don't know guys, I've got a lot on my plate..." Y/N squinted at Brett, confused as to why he isn't as excited as he was when Straum began the announcement. She knew there was something wrong, Brett loved music more than anyone and there was no way he would miss an opportunity like this. Sighing, she decided to investigate on their walk home.

3rd Person POV

The trio didn't know it yet, but this showcase was going to change their lives forever.

Σ(*ノ'>ω<。')ノ Author's Note ヾ(≧∇≦*)ゝ

Thank you guys for reading this far ehehe~~~ (.UwU.)

I'll be sure to continuously update you guys! I'm still deciding if I want to make this story long... 

Tell me if you think this story should be more than 10 chapters below in the comment box please!