M a r c a t o

☆Brett POV☆

Brett found himself in a precarious situation. He could push again and ask Y/N why she was giving up on her dreams, or he could lay off and drop the subject like she had asked him to. Y/N didn't back off when was upset at her for trying to give me advice... so I shouldn't either.

He puffed out a little breath and made his way to the living room where he saw Jackson and Eddy doting on Y/N as she nibbled on a fruit tart. Huh, she seems to be more comfortable around them than around me. He pushed away the weird thought, because why should it matter whether she's more comfortable with him versus when she's with his best friend?

"Come have a seat, a little birdie told me you like fruit tarts so I made them from scratch." Jackson beckoned Brett.

What he didn't know was that Brett's ears were burning red under his hair. She paid attention to what I like to eat? Huh? Why am I feeling hot all of a sudden.

"Jackson-ah, don't speak so weirdly. You asked me if they had any dessert preferences and I said Brett likes fruit tarts while Eddy would eat anything you put in front of him." Y/N still sounded grumpy. Brett's mood fell back down at her proclamation.

Eddy tackled Y/N, "HEY! Are you calling me a fatty?"

"Yah! Hands off my sis unless you two are dating with intent to marry." Surprised, Brett choked on a piece of fruit tart. Y/N ran over and started patting his back.

"Frikkin' hell Jackson, your weird sense of humor almost killed Bretty." Brett was secretly pleased that Y/N was the one to rush to his aid, maybe she isn't as mad as she appeared to be...

"Don't blame me, blame Eddy for putting hands on my little sis."

Eddy sputtered, "I did no such thing, Y/N's like a bro to me. Right, Bretty?"

Without thinking, Brett said, "Yeah, Y/N's a bro."

☆Y/N POV☆

Y/N bet that being kicked in the gut by a goat would hurt less than having her crush call her a 'bro'.

"Just reminding you guys, I'm a GIRL. A female with feminine sensibilities. I may not wear frilly clothes or put on much makeup but I'm still a female who doesn't appreciate being called a brother." Y/N pouted at the trio, sending them into a frenzy.

"Um, uh, Y/N oh God, Brett why are you such an idiot? Can't you see you've upset her?" Eddy scolded.

"Me? Bro, you're the one who called her a bro. I wasn't thinking when I responded, I just copied you." an indignant Brett shot back.

Jackson knelt in front of Y/N and squished her cheeks. "You're the pwettiest wittle delicate flower in the garden, goddamnit." Y/N pushed his face away and he fell back on his ass.

"I wasn't being serious, you big oaf. Who wants more fruit tart?" she moved on, concealing the fact that she was genuinely hurt at being called 'bro' by one person in particular. "Eddy, bro, you want some?"

"I never say no to food Y/N."

When he went up to grab the plate from Y/N, he whispered in her ear, "I know you're bothered cuz Brett just bro-zoned you on accident." Y/N snatched the plate out of his hands.

"On second thought, Eddy has been looking a bit chubby lately, he shouldn't eat anymore sweets. Especially if he wants to catch Ishimori's attention." Y/N smirked, knowing she played a power card by mentioning Eddy's crush on the Japanese transfer student. Bingo, he's red down to his neck. That'll teach him to mess with me.

After another hour of teasing and a very heated round of "Monopoly", the boys started to head home.

Brett lingered while Y/N packed up, Jackson having gone upstairs to talk on the phone.

"Bretty, Eddy already left. You should head home too." Y/N shuffled around, putting dishes in the sink.

"Um, about earlier... are we cool?" Brett fidgeted with his hands.

Without missing a beat, Y/N chirped "I told you dude, it's cool, I was just pretending to be mad to mess with y'all."

"Not about that... I'm talking about our conversation about, you know, your dream to be a writer?"

"Brett, you know I don't want to ta-"

"What? You want to be a writer?" Y/N whipped her head around, freezing up as she made eye contact with her brother who was leaning on the bannister. "So? Answer me. That's your dream?"

☆☆☆Author's Note☆☆☆

hewwo~~~~ some more development occurred in this chapter ♪( 'θ`)ノ

hopefully y'all liked the POV switches (ノ> ◇ <)ノ♪

as always: please tell me what you think, vote, and keep reading ʚ♡⃛ɞ(ू•ᴗ•ू❁)

Till Next Time!

~Haruka (๑・ω-)~♥"