4I Bonding Time

Beep beep. Beep beep.

I groaned and rolled over, groggily slamming my hand down on my alarm clock. Why was I being woken up at 8 am, again? Oh, yeah. Jessica insisted me and the boys went to the mall for some- how did she put it- "brother- sister bonding time".

I rolled out of my bed and stumbled into the bathroom where I started my day off with a shower. The warm water seemed to wake me up slightly because when I stepped out, I was feeling much fresher. My hair smelled like strawberries and the dirt on my body from the long car drive had been washed away.

I blow dried my hair as to not get my clothes wet when I put them on, and, with the towel still wrapped around me, I walked into the closet to find a suitable outfit.

I pulled on a pair of denim shorts, a belt, white crop top and oversized chequered jacket.

The items in my closet were really nice- Much better than my clothes and shoes back home. I also curled my hair into beach waves and left it down.

Smiling because of how pretty I was looking, I skipped down the corridor and was about to go down the stairs, when the last door at the end of the hall opened and Jayden walked out. I stopped, waiting for him to go down the hall so we didn't bump into each other. Looks like I was the only polite one.

However, Jayden also stopped, but not because he was being polite. He was staring at my outfit with furrowed brows. "Go change," he said abruptly and I frowned at him.

"No."

"At the mall, the boys are going to want to get in your pants," he said. I raised my eyebrows at how blunt he was being. Couldn't he have put it a little more nicely?

"Fuck off. I can dress how I want and be comfortable and feel nice without it automatically being deemed that I'm 'asking for it'. If the boys at the mall can't control themselves, then they should be held responsible for that.

I gave him a quick middle finger, not giving him a chance to respond before I was bounding downstairs, not letting the mysoginy in this household ruin my day.

"Hey Li," Noah smiled as he walked passed me on his way upstairs. "Nice outfit."

"Thanks Noah!" I called back. OK, maybe they weren't all sexist dicks.

"Lila! You're like 8! I'm older than you I can ground you for that middle finger!" Jayden yelled as I heard his footsteps running down the stairs.

"I'll apologise if you'll apologise!" I called back, snagging a piece of bread from the counter in the kitchen.

"Oh for fucks sake," I heard him grumble. "OK! Whatever! I'm sorry, I was wrong, you shouldn't be held responsible for other people having fucked up minds."

My stepbrother appeared in the kitchen doorway, a look of defeat on his face.

I don't think he liked apologising.

"Now you apologise."

"Oh no I'm not doing that," I grinned innocently. "You deserved it."

"You little-" Jayden began before he was cut off by Logan yelling from the front door, "Everyone get your ass out here or I'm leaving without you!"

"Well that's my cue," I smiled.

I sprinted out of the kitchen and passed a confused Logan who just stared as I shoved passed him, frantically throwing open the back door of his car and lunging in, closing it again.

Not a moment later, I saw Jayden sprinting out of the house after me and skidding to a halt in front of my door. I grabbed hold of the handle on my side and pulled it towards me as to keep the door closed. At the same time, Jayden yanked at the handle on the outside to try and pull it open.