38I Get Off

Owen: I need a doctor

Lila: ??

Owen: Cuz my heart skips a beat everytime I'm with you

Lila: 💀

Lila: duddddeeeee

Owen: hi baby 👋💕

Lila: strange child

Owen: offended

Owen: life is like a blunt pencil without you

Owen: pointless

Lila: heard that one before

Lila: u gotta try harder 😎

Owen: I'm no organ donar

Owen: but I would give u my heart

Lila: these are awful but hilarious at the same time

Owen: bad pick up lines r the best

Lila: they areeeee

Owen: oh shit I've run out again

Owen: I'm not on my a game today

Lila: I can see that 😭✋

Owen: 💀

Owen: quick question

Lila: ye?

Owen: I'm home alone and rly bored so I was wondering if I can come over

Lila: sure

Lila: as long as you're ready to face my avengers brothers

Owen: okkkkk

Owen: and I'll be fine

Owen: see you in twenty

With that I saw that Owen's WhatsApp had turned to 'last seen at 2:03' and I realised he must have started getting ready to come over. I was kind of excited for his arrival. He had only ever been over to my house twice before, and the first time hadn't gone well considering he had then been kicked out for nearly kissing me. My brothers seemed to know exactly when something was going on between him and I.

Oh shit! My brothers! I hadn't asked them if it was OK for Owen to come over.

Well they could suck it up and deal with the fact I was old enough to look after myself now.

I quickly threw my phone down on my mattress and jumped up off my bed. But which one of them should I ask? Who was most easy going when it came to boys?

The answer was none of them, but my best shot was Logan. He was the second oldest so had more authority than Cole and Noah, but he was more relaxed than Mason. I just hoped he would agree.

After the dinner last night, I had a feeling that my brothers were slightly less reproachful when it came to the topic of my boyfriend, so I took their vunrablility as an opportunity to be allowed to have him over. Boom. Was I a genius or not?

I walked out of my bedroom door and down the two flights of stairs, already knowing that Logan was going to be in the kitchen. That guy never seemed to stop cooking.

Guess what? I was right. I could already hear movement from the room as I crossed the hall to the doorway, and peering into the kitchen, I saw Logan stood in front of the counter, buttering a piece of toast.

"Hi, Logy," I greeted, hoping to soften my brother up slightly before I dropped the bomb.

"Oh. Hey, Li," my stepbrother smiled in return, shooting me a quick grin before turning his attention back to the piece of bread in front of him.