32I Chipped

Here's the chapter you wanted @xzmandyzx hope it's lived up to your expectations!

The next day, I returned home from school with Cole, Noah, Jayden and Liam to be greeted with the sight of my dad sat at the kitchen island, typing on his computer with a glass of water beside him.

"Hey dad," I smiled although I was quite confused. My dad hadn't been home a lot lately, sometimes he would be gone for days. He would either leave without actually telling us or give us an excuse for why he was leaving. A lot of the time he wouldn't take Jessica with him, claiming that it was personal, but I hadn't seen him in three days now.

My dad glanced up at where I stood in the doorway but just rolled his eyes and turned back to his computer.

Love you too, dad.

"Hi Tony," Cole said, appearing in the doorway beside me.

"Hey Cole. How are you? How was your day?" my dad asked, grinning up at my stepbrother.

A frown overtook my face at this. Yes, my dad had done it before, but it always stung when he seemed to choose someone who wasn't his flesh and blood over his own daughter. It hurt whenever he acted like my life wasn't as important as one of my brother's.

"It was good," Cole replied shortly, shooting me a confused look. He probably noticed my upset expression.

I quickly gave him a reassuring smile in return before looking back over at my dad. "Do you want me to make you a sandwich?" I asked him politely, hoping that maybe he would be grateful for my suggestion and might ask me how my day was or something.

However, instead of the gentle smile and polite words I hoped for, I watched as my dad pursed his lips and scrunched up his nose slightly in what was evidently disgust. "No. Why would I want your crappy cooking?" he scoffed.

I tried to hide the hurt I felt at that since dad had always enjoyed my food even when I was very young. Did we now really have such a bad relationship that he hated just the thought of me giving him a couple of slices of bread, some butter and a piece of ham?

Fuck him though. I was great at slapping two pieces of bread together.

He rolled his eyes at me before grabbing hold of the glass next to him and taking a long swig, finishing the drink. "Do you want me to get you some more water?" I asked, determined to do something for him.

He glanced down at the now empty glass and let out an exasperated sigh, probably at my persistence. "Sure," he grunted.

A smile broke across my face and I quickly hurried over to my dad and grabbed the glass beside him. I could feel Cole's gaze on his back and when I turned around briefly to look at him, I saw he had an amused smile on his face, probably from how happy I appeared to be after being told I was allowed to pour a glass of water for my dad.

I playfully rolled my eyes at him to which Cole gave me a fake glare in return, and walked over to the sink.

I turned on the cold tap and waved my hand under it for a moment to check it was a good temperature, before placing the glass under the jet of water. I waited for it to fill up to just over three quarters of the way up the glass and then turned off the tap.

Turning back around to face my dad, I was met with Cole's face right in front of me, our noses only an inch away from each other.

"Ah!" I screamed, jumping backwards slightly. This caused me to let go of the glass of water in shock and I winced at it landed on the floor with a loud crash. The water spilled out immediately and spread across the floor. I also noticed a small piece of glass around the rim had chipped.