Imposters: Chapter Eight- Pins and Needles

"You can't live a normal life, Izuku Midoriya, or should I say Shadow Killer?" The man whispered against his ear as Midoriya struggled under his grip. "What do you want?" The green-haired boy needed to get out. Night-Flame smirked, "I want you to tell the world who you are. Maybe we'll spare your lover and friends if you do what we say." Midoriya growled under his breath. He felt the blade digging into his neck. "Come on, Izuku. Do what we say," the man whispered. He was close to his ear. Midoriya slammed his head back against the man's face. He grabbed the blade and pulled out of his hold. He felt the blood drip down from his neck. He'll deal with those complications later. Right now, he needed to focus on the threat in front of him. 

"Who are you?" The blade was pointing at the fake Night-Flame. The man in question smirked under their mask. "We have the upper hand, Izuku. You have no clue who we are, but we know you and your friends. The boss has a score to settle with you, Izuku. Be prepared when the time comes," he warns him. He threw a smoke bomb down onto the ground. Midoriya drops the blade as he was coughing violently. The smoked cleared as he tried to breathe. Izuku fell to the ground as the imposter walks out of the building. 

"The boss has a score to settle with you." The imposter's words rung in his head as he finally loses consciousness. The imposter watches how Midoriya collapses. It would've been an easy task if he was allowed to kill him. Still, he needed to follow orders. He walked down the busy streets as he runs a hand through his blond hair. He should probably inform that boss that he completed his part. He needed to send a message out to the Shadow Killer. The blond kept his hood on as he stops in front of a ring shop. 

"Monoma?" The ginger-haired girl stepped out of the jewelry shop to see the familiar blond-haired male. "Should you be attending your post? You need to complete the boss's mission," Kendo reminded him. Monoma smirks, "I already completed his mission. I managed to land a few hits on him. I have no clue how All for One could've lost against someone so weak." The streets weren't busy since the return of the Anarchy. Kendo and Monoma started walking off to meet up with their leader. "The boss said not to hurt him," Kendo told him. Monoma chuckles, "I didn't hurt him that bad. You worry too much, Kendo. It's almost like you're worried about those extras." 

Kendo glanced away in defeat. She remembered Midoriya's smile when he picked up his ring. She had second thoughts about the imposter, especially if Monoma is involved. Her lover managed to land himself on the wrong path, and it terrified her. She hated that they wouldn't leave things in the past. Their boss wanted revenge on the Anarchy as he placed targets on the members. Midoriya's smiles and the way he was thinking about Shouto meant that he truly loved Shouto. She didn't want her boss to ruin them. She didn't know how she'll be able to tell them if he's watching her every move. She needed to find a way. 

*****

Shouto arrived home and noticed how quiet it was. "Izuku?" Shouto turns the lights on to see no one. He grabbed his phone and tried calling his number. All he could hear was Midoriya's voicemail at the end of the line. He decided to call one of Midoriya's friends. "Todoroki?" Shouto could hear Uraraka's cheerful tone. "Have you seen Izuku?" Uraraka's voice changed at the sound of the question. "No, I haven't. Why?" 

"He's not home," Shouto told her. "He might be working, Todoroki," she reassured him. "Uraraka, I tried to call him. He's not answering. He would've at least told me if he was planning on staying longer," Todoroki told her. He shouldn't be getting so worried about something as simple as this, but Shouto had a habit of feeling paranoid. "Todoroki, he might be at the bureau. You can check there. I'll meet up with you," she said. Shouto mumbles a quick goodbye and leaves his apartment. 

*****

Shouto walked along the path of the park as he spots Inasa. "Inasa!" The large man turned to face him. "Hey, Todoroki," Inasa said. He was unsure if he could say Todoroki's given name. Shouto went out to meet up with friends after Midoriya's recovery. Shouto wanted to be able to forgive Inasa and impair their friendship. He remembered asking him to come to the park. He was lucky that Inasa accepted his offer.