❁ Wtf are you doing here ❁

so this is what y'all doing on your day off and Bakugo hasn't had much attention yet so he's here too

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

❁ Y/n's POV ❁

I rolled out of bed, with all the flair of a zombie that had just emerged from the ground, and went downstairs to get some breakfast. School's cancelled today, cos of U.S.J and all, but my parents are already at work since I woke up late. Ah well, maybe I'll just sleep all day. 

Then i noticed the note on the table. 'Y/n, you're not slacking off today! I want you to do some training, so you'll be going to the river at the park to practice. Love Mum' I groaned, face planting the kitchen counter. 'Noooooooo why?' I sighed, going back upstairs to run a shower. Today was supposed to be a day off, but of course my mum would leap at the opportunity to make me train. Rip my netflix time.

❁ Timeskip ❁

I walked lazily along the bank of a river I'd found not long after moving. 'It's wack to think it's nearly been a year.' I thought, settling at a familiar spot. A tall fence, with an old wooden gate attached. The river thinned out into a  a small lake, which spanned around half the field. There was a sign that said 'public footpath' by the gate, but I ignored it, making a beeline straight for the lake. 

The water is nice and cool, and I can train here without many distractions. The only people here are the occasional dog walker, and there's no traffic nearby. I got to work on just moving the water to begin with, making sure not to get any on me. 

"What the fUCK are you doing here?" I jumped in alarm, dropping all of the water, as I turned around to see a very angry pomeranian-- ahem, I mean Bakugo of all people behind me. He was wearing a grey hoodie with black tracksuit bottoms.  "Umm... training? Could ask you the same question." He glared at me. "Why the hell are you training here, I thought you lived on the other side of Musutafu!" I grinned. "Nope! I live pretty close to here actually. Hey, wanna train together?" He looked at me at me in aghast. "Why the fuck would I agree to that?"

I shrugged, deciding that the only way to get this to work would be flattery. "Well, you are aware the Sports Festival is coming up soon, right? And the other day, even Todoroki admitted I was strong. So what if we go against each other, you don't really know what I can do. If we trained together, it would be beneficial to both of us. You'd have a higher chance of winning." I finished my little speech, a sly glint in my eye.

I could practically see the gears in his head as he weighed up his options. I smiled in satisfaction as I realised he had made up his mind. "Fine. We won't use quirks though, I can crush you with just my hands." He  grinned, and i suddenly had a wave of regret. 'Uh oh, was this such a good idea? Eh, I'll wing it.' I nodded and we took our positions, out of the way of everyone else, but far enough away from the lake.

"Oof!" I muttered, landing on the soft grass once again. This was the what, fourth time that Bakugo completely wiped the floor with me? "What's the matter, finally give up?" I giggled. "For you? Never." I jumped to my feet again, deciding that maybe I should try something new.

I began edging backwards, and he laughed. "Distance won't do anything, you know. I'll crush you again either way!" I said nothing and stopped in my tracks, when i was about four metres from him. (You're following social distancing, nice to see) He took a step towards me, and I took that as a cue.

Speed has always been a natural talent of mine, not that I have any other, and I am happy to report that it worked in this case. I charged straight at Bakugo, and though he's stronger and heavier than me, the impact was enough to shove him straight to the ground. I happily sat on top of him, laughing like an idiot. "I can't believe that worked! Hell yeah!" He groaned in annoyance. "Whatever, it didn't count! Now get off me, foreign-chick!" I grinned evilly and brought my face closer to his.

"What if I don't want to?" He went as crimson as his eyes and shoved me off him, muttering and cursing to himself. "Aww, what's the matter Bakugo? Get beaten by a girl?" He turned around to me furiously. "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!" I shrugged. "A joke, duh. Anyways, I should probably head home now. My parents will be back soon, so yeah. We should sparr again sometimes, next time I'll be as good as Matt from Wii sports so watch out. Bye hedgehog." I patted him on the shoulder just to watch him try not to scream again and began walking off. Man I really gotta stop messing with him, he might kill me one day.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

yeehaw cowboys sorry this chapter ain't too long it's kinda filler before the big guns tm start rolling in. And imma be real i didn't like writing Bakubitch before but my god it's fun i like it now so we can see more of him in the future :) You guys all make my heart go AAAA so i care about y'all very much ❤︎