❁ They're really gone, huh... ❁

okay it gets kinda sad but it gets better. also read the ending note for my apology.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

❁ Y/n's POV ❁

I sat at the side of the pool, staring at the water whilst the other girls happily enjoyed it. I don't even know why I'm here, I got the announcement yesterday. Why did I even try to distract myself? My parents are gone, and yesterday it was confirmed 100%!

I was pretty confused when our homeroom teacher showed up at my house, but I entertained the meeting nonetheless. Mr Aizawa sat opposite me, looking scraggly as normal. To be honest, I probably also look a mess. I haven't been outside much from worry, just ordering things online instead. My parents left me with plenty of money for the trip, but I may have to get a part-time job at some point in the future.

"I'm sorry I have to be the one to break this to you, L/n, but it's about your parents." My breath hitched in my throat. I knew what was coming, but I didn't want it to be said. "They've been taken from their hotel, and vanished without any clue. They're looking for them as we speak, I'm sorry we couldn't tell you sooner." 

"I... see... Well, at least now I know why they weren't responding to me." I forced a smile, but it came out strained and painful. "You're a strong girl, L/n. You'll have to be moved to a school-provided dorm soon, if they aren't found within a week. You can call the school if you need anything, till then." 

After he left, I broke down to tears and went up to my parents room, eventually flopping over on their bed. 'I knew it! I knew there was something wrong, and now I can't even tell them I love them if I never see them--' I cut off my thought, noticing that I was shaking from something, sadness or rage. I stumbled into the bathroom to splash cold water on my face, to help me, when I looked into the mirror at my upset face.

I stumbled back to my room, sinking onto the floor beside the bed. My mind was just thoughts of my parents, and if I was going to see them again, or if they'd come for me next? My hands started to go numb, as well as my face, and I felt a crushing pain in my chest and lungs. My breathing quickened, and thoughts raced through my head too quick for me to process them.

I brought my free hand up to my mouth, as I began sobbing, sharp sobs filling the air. Tears slipped down my numb face as I was sure I was dying of sadness. I clutched my sleeves and ran over to my phone, still sobbing. I fumbled around, clicking a random contact. I didn't even look at the contact, knowing that it was one of my friends.

Click! "Y/n?" "Eijiro, I-I need you to come over right now! Please?!" "Y/n, is everything okay? Hold on, I'm on my way!" I dropped the phone to the floor as it hung up, glad that help was on the way. I clutched at my sleeves, crying and holding my aching chest. 

I heard my door open, and the familiar figure of Eijiro quickly took to my side, pulling me into a loose hug and rubbing uneven circles onto my back. "Y/n, I need you to focus on your breathing. In through your nose, out through your mouth." I complied, raggedy breaths calming down gradually.

The tears continued dripping down my face, and my body was still shaking, but I was a lot calmer and could think straight. I looked up at him, and my voice cracked a little as I spoke. "Am I dying..?" "No, Y/n, you're not dying. Do you want to tell me what's going on? If you don't it's alright. I'll get you a drink first, you lost a lotta tears." He gave me that familiar sharky grin, and I attempted one back though it was quite tensed.

I felt like a child, being cuddled and calmed down, but I didn't care. I'm just glad Eijiro could come over, if he hadn't I don't know what I'd have done. He stayed with me for the rest of the night, and I did explain to him what caused it. My parents were gone, it was only a natural experience. I'm thankful to have someone so caring help me, it's almost like he's had similar breakdowns.

Continuing moving my ankles in circles, I bitterly stared at the water. I may not be as upset, but I can't believe they're missing. They were kidnapped, I know it, yet there's nothing I could do about it. I was so absorbed in my thoughts, I didn't see Ochaco sit beside me, also dipping her feet into the pool. "Hey Y/n, how you doing?" I'd told them all of my missing parents, and nearly cried at how supportive they all were.

"Pretty crappy, you don't need to stop having fun to sit with me though. I'm good." I said, placing my hands on my lap. She shuffled a little closer and gently put an arm around my waist, letting me lean on my shoulder. I sniffled, melting into her form. "I just-- they're gone, and there's nothing I can do! I'm at a loss, I'm so useless and I can't even act on it!" "Shh, that's it, don't get too worked up. Y/n, you're right to be worried, but you mustn't blame yourself," She began, and I closed my eyes, listening to her words.

"They'll turn up soon. I know how much your parents mean to you, and how you'd do anything in the world to get them back, but you can't. And that's okay. You need to let yourself know that, alright? Maybe not right now, but soon." I smiled, and opened my eyes to look at her. "Are you an angel? Cos I think you just solved my problems. Marry me or something." I grinned, seeing her go a little pink.

❁ Ochaco's POV ❁

I blushed at Y/n's words, and had a small bi-panic. I thought at first that I liked Deku, but now that I'm here I know I like Y/n more. If I can help her, I'll do anything in my power to do so! I couldn't imagine losing my parents, it must be so hard on her. That's why I (and everyone else) need to be here for her.

"U-uh, you wanna come into the pool now?" "Hehe, sure. Sorry for being a downer, let's go play volleyball." I could tell that Y/n was still upset, that wouldn't change for a while now. But maybe, just maybe, I can help speed up that process. 'Y/n, if you only knew the things I would do to ensure your happiness. One day you'll know, but for now, be happy. Be happy for me, and for your parents. Your smile can brighten the darkest days, and can outshine the brightest of stars. I love you.'

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

ahahaha guess who had their first panic attack last night? god that was awful i thought i was dying. anyway, nearly didn't publish this because of that but i thought fuck it, sorry if it's bad but i didn't want to disappoint anyone by not updating. :)

also, I am really really sorry! roughly 20 days ago, someone requested Ochaco to be in this book, and I started to add little bits of her in over the chapters but (here's the kicker) I FORGOT TO SAVE THE EDIT SO SHE WASN'T IN IT FOR NEARLY A MONTH! god it's a wonder i remember how to update at this rate. i already apologised to them on my conversations on my account, but SakuraChanJapan once again I'm so sorry! I'll try not to be such a failure in the future, thanks for accepting my apology on my convo board. okay, see you in the next chapter ❤︎