{2} Comfort (Platonic DR LAMP)

Trigger warnings: mention of sex toys (remus), use of anti-depressants, brief mentions of past self-harm, domestic abuse

Plot: Patton had always been secretive about his home life, changing the subject whenever it was brought up, and the 6 never staying at his house for parties or sleepovers. He finally spills about what living in his household is like.

Ship: Platonic DR LAMP

Word count: 2453

Patton gingerly slid his key into the lock on his front door. He heard the mechanism fall into place within the lock and he quietly pushed open the front door. He stepped inside, shutting it cautiously. The house was silent.

His assumptions where proved correct when he spotted his father. He was passed out on the couch, the tv still on, some show he'd never heard off. A half full bottle of clear alcohol was propped dangerously in his hand. Patton quickly and quietly shifted the bottle so it wouldn't fall, wincing slightly when his father stirred. Relief flooded through him when he stayed unconscious.

He made his way to his bedroom, shutting the door behind him, the broken lock clicking slightly. He sighed as he practically collapsed on his bed, sweeping his curly light brown hair out of his eyes. He pulled out his phone, smiling when he saw he had notifications from his groupchat.

Dark strange son 💜: im free tomorrow afternoon, anyone wanna come to my place? parents are out of town

Slimy Boi 🐍: you're like the protag of an anime, ur parents are never at home. but yeah, I guess I can hang out

Princey 👑: does dear brother Remus have to come?

Trash rat 🐀: rude, bro I'm offended

Dark strange son 💜: no, he doesn't have to come. and you should be, rem.

Smart boi🧠: The lack of capital letters and basic punctuation in this group chat is appalling.

Smart Boi 🧠: And yes, I am free for tommorow afternoon.

Trash rat 🐀: want me to bring my sex toys?

Dark strange son 💜: EW REMUS WTF

Princey 👑: I have to live with him and I am only like 40% sure he's kidding

Dark strange son 💜: I'm sorry for u

Slimy Boi 🐍: okay, everyone in? @Pattoncake u wanna come dad?

Pattoncake 🐶: sure kiddos! I'm in, want me to grab snacks?

Princey 👑: yes please dad!

Pattoncake: okay, cool! oh, virge do u want me to bring u spicy doritos?

Dark strange son 💜: ily so much yes please

Patton giggled slightly. He loved his friends, even Remus. Not only did he care for them, but they provided a much needed distraction from the not so great things in his life.