lights up!

LIGHTS UP!❝you're in a car with a beautiful boy, and he won't tell you that he loves you, but he loves you

LIGHTS UP!
❝you're in a car with a beautiful boy, and he won't tell you that he loves you, but he loves you.❞
- richard siken

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

WESLEY RYDER was your typical Pogue. Born and raised in The Cut he loved going to the beach, as well as partying, and smoking weed, and going out on boat rides to watch the sunset. He was a lover, a good guy with a big heart. But he had an even bigger secret.

He was in love with his best friend.

He didn't mean to be, he really didn't. It wasn't like one day he just woke up and suddenly decided he was going to be in love with the reckless blonde boy with eyes like the ocean and a soul as bright as the sun, it happened gradually.

It happened in the way they spoke. In the way the understood one another. In the way they kept the other safe. In the way JJ made him feel.

He knew it was impossible. He constantly told himself, every single day as a reminder that there would never be a universe in which JJ felt the same.

So he didn't say anything. He kept it to himself and it was slowly killing him, but hey, there was no one but himself to blame, right?

After convincing himself for so long that it was impossible, and desperately trying to get over his best friend, it took only one thing for it to all be thrown right out the window.

It was after a party at John B's house. Wes and JJ were way too fucked up to go back to Wes' house like they had planned, so they decided to stay over at John B's.

The two stayed up late after everyone left or fell asleep. They stayed out on the porch, smoking, laughing, talking.

The last thing Wes would've expected JJ to do was kiss him.

But he did.

They kissed and it was better than Wes ever could've imagined. The two boys ended up falling asleep on the pullout together, but now every time he thinks about it, Wes wishes he hadn't gone to sleep. Because when they woke up it was like nothing even happened.

He didn't know what he was expecting. They were both really fucked up. He knew JJ probably wouldn't remember, and while maybe that was for the better so that nothing would be awkward between them, it didn't change the fact that it hurt so fucking bad.

He spent months telling himself to get over the blonde boy, and then in a matter of seconds JJ pulled him right back to the start.