nine

LIGHTS UP
nine | ❝yeah, I remember.❞

                WES HADN'T planned to come out to his brother in the middle of a breakdown

WES HADN'T planned to come out to his brother in the middle of a breakdown. But, to be fair, he hadn't planned to come out to him at all.

He'd never even said the words before, it came absolutely out of nowhere.

Harry didn't have a bad reaction, obviously, he just kept hugging his brother and told him he loved him.

But, after that Harry understood why Wes reacted the way that he did about JJ.

He didn't bring it up, and he wouldn't, he wanted to make sure his brother was the one to tell him when he was ready. But he knew.

It was the next day and Wes was still really overwhelmed, he had insisted he was fine and convinced Harry to go work, so he was home alone.

Wes laid in his bed and stared at nothing as his thoughts consumed him. He didn't know what he was feeling. He felt relieved about telling Harry, but at the same time all he could focus on was JJ.

He wondered if his dad had bailed him out already. Either way, he just hoped JJ was okay.

Somewhere in between all the thoughts scrambling his brain, he heard the engine of a motorbike revving in the distance.

Wes sat up rapidly as the sound approached, recognizing it.

He scrambled out of bed and went out to his front porch lightening fast, seeing a familiar red motorbike with a familiar blonde on it.

Wes watched as JJ hopped off his bike, relief overcoming him as he rushed to the boy.

JJ gave him a small smile as he walked towards the front porch. "Did you miss me, Wesley?"

The two met in the middle of the front yard, Wes wasted no time in wrapping his arms around his best friend and hugging him tightly.

"I'll take that as a yes," JJ chuckled, hugging back and digging his face in Wes' shoulder, "it's alright, I missed you, too," he pressed a kiss to Wes' cheek.

Wes laughed lightly. "Never do that again, okay? That was so stupid, JJ. So fucking stupid."

"What about you, brainiac? You tried to take the fall, too, in case you forgot," JJ teased him, making Wes shake his head and stifle a laugh.

They pulled away and it was then that Wes got a good look at JJ's face.

He had cuts on his eyebrow and his cheek, and a bruise that took up nearly half of his face, all in addition the the scab on his lip Rafe had given him from before.

"God, JJ," Wes held the boys face on his uninjured side.

"It's not as bad as it looks," the blonde told him, leaning into his touch.