ten

LIGHTS UP
ten | ❝We're gonna have to talk about it eventually.❞

                IT WASN'T even worth trying to run

IT WASN'T even worth trying to run. Rafe, Kelce, and way too many other Kooks had them trapped in the locker room.

Quickly, Wes and JJ stood up from their spots on the floor.

Wes knew they were fucked. They had gotten carried away, they forgot about the killer Kooks they had waiting for them and now they had found them.

It wasn't long before Kelce had JJ in a chokehold while Wes was being yanked away from him by the others.

"Very brave of you, Rafe. Five on two?" JJ grunted, struggling to get out of Kelce's grip.

"Let him go," Wes hissed, trying to push his way free of the two Kooks that had a hold on him, "Rafe, you fucking trust-fund baby, let him go!"

Rafe turned and harshly shoved Wes against the lockers. "Okay, if you could both please stop talking. It's very disrespectful. Learn your etiquette, my friend."

Once the Cameron boy gave Wes one last shove, he turned back to JJ.

"Your face looks really bad," he taunted, "starting to look like your dad a lot more."

JJ responded by spitting on his face.

Wes knew it wasn't the smart thing to do, but at that moment he felt so much rage for Rafe that he couldn't help but chuckle at the sight of him being spat at.

"Oh, shit, alright—"

"Gentlemen!"

Wes' head flew up once he heard the unknown voice, and he was sure he had never been so relieved to see security ever in his life.

The man stood by the door, watching as the Kooks quickly let go of Wes and JJ.

"Pardon me, officer," JJ announced, glancing at Wes for a moment before continuing, "no, there's not an issue. I just- well, actually, yes. No, there is an issue. We got a- a pair of criminal trespassers in progress here," he reached over and grabbed onto Wes' arm, pulling him along with him as he approached the man, "beep! Call it in, right? Blatant disrespect for private property. We're in violation of all kinds of shit, sir. But, uh, these young gentlemen.. uh, caught us, sir, and they're about to take us away. And that's what you should do, escort us out of here. You got us."

Wes knew this was probably the best thing that could've happened to them in their situation and allowed security to grab onto his arm as he pulled him and JJ out of the room.

"Alright, fix your tie, son," JJ told the Kooks as they left.

Wes was too tired to throw any witty remarks at the Kooks, it had been too long of a day with too many big plot points he had yet to even debrief.