Chapter 5

I AM NOT FORGETTING THIS STORY COMPLETELY YET. You know where we left off

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Y/N's POV-

I was sitting with Ren and Itsuki among the audience, quietly furious. Ahri was looking at me concerned, but turned attention to the match when King of stupidity announced the start of the fight between his lapdog and Naofumi.

Motoidiot: "You might want to give up Naofumi. You can't possibly think you will win with only a shield."

Y/N: *chuckle*

Ren: "What's so funny?"

Y/N: "That idiot is underestimating him... the only true weapon is imagination. Those who lack it are dead first."

Itsuki: "He's right Ren. Imagination is the strongest natural weapon ever created and Motoyasu seems to lack it quite a bit and he let's his pride get the better of him."

Y/N: *internaly* says the one that has pride for days *externally* "and Naofumi thinks outside the box. Most of his abilities are defensive, but he could use them in a creative way offensively, giving Motoyasu quite a surprise."

King Melromarc: "Let the match. BEGIN!"

Motoyasu: "Did you ever hear the story of a fight between the spear and the shield?!"

Motoyasu charges going for a quick stab, but Naofumi blocks it.

Naofumi: "I did, the Shield came out victorious, because the spear couldn't penetrate it!"

The shield hero then goes for a punch. Motoyasu had some air knocked out of him before he backed of giving all of us time to notice a (red) balloon biting down on him.

Motoyasu: "What the?! How did a balloon get here!"

After he kills the balloon Naofumi reveal four more hiding under his cape.

Y/N: "Clever..."

Itsuki: "but isn't that cheating?"

Y/N: "In my eyes it is not. Naofumi lacks offensive capabilities that could do large amount of damage. Hiding monsters that are strong yet do no damage to him make up for a decent weapons in a way. Also I would believe that animals feel naturally safer around him making them a bit easier to tame for Naofumi. Besides it's just balloons nothing major."

Ren: "Just because you see it that way doesn't mean. Everyone else will."

Y/N: "True, *sees Malty chanting* but now I would pay attention to the princess."

Ren and Itsuki notice Malty chanting as well, but didn't say anything. Naofumi was too focused on Motoyasu to notice her casting the spell. Naofumi manages to knock Motoyasu down easily, but when he lost his guard the air magic hit him hard. This gave Motoyasu to use thunder spear to finish Naofumi off. I sigh before standing up and going down there with Ahri in tow.

When I got down there I saw the red-haired bitch quietly taunting the shield hero. I click my teeth before waiting by the doorway Glaring at Motoyasu and Princess bitch. Naofumi was looking in shock, but felt a bit better when he saw me glaring nuclear missles at the royalty and their lapdog, but there was something else in Naofumi's expression... realization... that he was being used to gain recognition for the princess and the Spear he- no someone like him doesn't deserve the title of a hero.

Unimportant Noble: "The girl who was enslaved by the cowardly shield hero has been given her freedom by the triumphant Spear hero!"

Y/N: "Cowardly? tch says the one who was hiding behind castle's walls instead of fighting on the front lines."