Part One Heartbroken

The only thing Nejire could think to do outside of school on this day was to take a stroll around the park. She was normally always with Mirio Togata or Tamaki Amajiki but the blue haired teen had some time to herself too. Heels clicking against the pavement as she walked to the park the busy sounds of the city around her she felt, alone. It isn't as if she hasn't been alone before but Nejire had a lot on her mind. Stepping into the park the noises of the city faded the farther into the park she got.

Finding a place on the swing set, children were going to their parents who were taking them home. It had been getting around dinner time but how the blue haired female didn't want to leave. She stayed on the swing just slowly rocking herself with the tips of her toes.

"...He knew my feelings without me saying and to reject me hurts..." She spoke to herself. She could still feel the pain coming from her chest causing her to move her hand up and grip her shirt. The pain coming from her heart was a reminder she was human and she could break. When she was alone finally tears began to slide down her cheeks.

"Hadou... you like me don't you?" Amajiki's voice echoed in her mind during the scene replaying.

"Of course I like you Amajiki, you are one of my best friends." Nejire replied a smile over her face, she played dumb not wanting to come clean about the feelings yet.

"...not like....that Hadou... you....fell for me didn't you?" Amajiki said again.

The usual shy boy had her alone and they were talking but she knew there was a reason he wanted to talk to her alone. Nejire's blue hues stared at the male for a few moments. She didn't speak to approve or deny this. It was out of character for her to be so quiet which gave him all the answer he needed.

"So I was right...." Amajiki said, releasing a long sigh. "Hadou....I'm sorry... I can only see you as a sister at the most... I..." he started to speak looking towards her. "I have feelings for someone else..."

The words hit her like a train as she felt her breath hitch in her throat. She looked at the elf boy blue hues staring into his dark ones before she just put on a smile which she was good at. "That's okay Amajiki. You should follow your heart! I will be rooting for you!" She said before forcing a giggle. She forced everything to be happy. "I am happy for you though. Who is the lucky person?"

"....Mirio...." He said looking at Nejire, she put on an act and he had such a hard time seeing through it himself but he knew she had to be hurting. He didn't want to push her though. "I'm sorry..." again he apologized. He didn't want to be the cause of her pain.

"It's okay, Amajiki! Thanks for telling me. Go get him. I'm rooting for you....I will see you later though I need to go write a paper." Nejire spoke to get out of the situation and away from Tamaki. She didn't want to show herself being weak around him and let him see her smile break.

Here she was now by herself on a swing, tears sliding down her cheeks. Her grip on the chains either side of her from the swings tightened. Why was fate so cruel? Why did she fall in love with the elf boy in her group? What made Mirio better? It didn't matter. She just needed to let out her tears and get back to the dorms before curfew.