Mr. Radio Host

MAJOR DISCLAIMER: The chapter titles do not correlate with the content of the chapter. Thanks!

Today was a fascinating day, I recently noticed a man on my way to the station. He was tall, muscular, and had a natural tan. I memorised every article of clothing visible to my eyes. He wore a long bright angel white lab coat, a red plaid shirt (or I would say more of a flannel), a plain white cotton t-shirt underneath the plaid shirt, and bleached jeans. Blue bright bleached jeans. And, weirdly, dress shoes. I guess you can't go anywhere without a pair of dress shoes.

His hair. His perfect hair. It was another story. It hung down below his shoulder blades. Perfect dark chocolate brown, and all you want to do is hold his hair.

He called a meeting today, and I was curious so I went. He said his intent to be here was to expand his study on Night Vale for scientific purposes. After the meeting I spotted him in the Town Hall cafeteria. I approached the perfectly sculpted man with such need to faint because of his perfectness. But, luckily, I did not.

I sat down across from him. He looked up at me over the top of his circular glasses. His glimmering brown eyes. Milk chocolate brown. No one can resist chocolate. No one can resist him.

I smiled lamely. I was probably red as a tomato. Oh my god, I was embarrassing myself. Ugh, the embarrassment is coming back to my stomach.

He smiled back. Oh I was going to faint. Face first into my mashed potatoes. "Hi." I said. What a stupid thing to say. Creepily smiling and now saying such a lame thing as "hi". I wish to scream right now.

"Hey." He says back. His voice, it has an oaky, caramel tone that I completely fall for. Not only that, but I practically started to melt into my shoes. So perfect. So lovely. It took me a while to get every sentence I wished to say to his perfectly sculpted face out.

"What are you working on?" I asked.

"Just things; about the dog park. I became curious after listening to your broadcast last night." He said.
He listened to my broadcast! I hold back the squeal of delight. Instead, I clenched my hand into a fist under the table and grinned.

"Ha, the mysterious hooded figures have become even more mysterious." I say. Why did I say that?! I'm embarrassing myself! I'm not even supposed to talk about that. Just then he looked back down. I cleared my throat. "So, you're new around here. Do you have a name?"

"Carlos." Is all he says.

"Well.." I say after the pause. "I'm Cecil, the voice of the town. Things get pretty strange around here, would it be okay if I showed you around?" I ask.

"Proud of that title huh? And.." He blushes, I turn my head slightly, "..that sounds a bit flirty. As in..a date?"

"Oh no, it only is if you intend it to be. But you look like you're going to stay around for a bit, and yes, I'm very proud of that title." I say.

He smiles, "I wouldn't mind it, and hey, thanks. Meet me at four at the lab a few blocks from here. Tomorrow at four." I got up, and nodded with a grin, trying to conceal myself until I got outside.

I went home and..what is the word for the verb? Oh, I don't know, but I was squealing and squeezing my throw pillows! He's so cute and his voice is so lovely. He's so perfect.

I now go to the station and talk about Perfect Carlos. I don't even know what I was saying but I remember say "I fell in love instantly."

Just then, when I went to the weather, I heard a knock at my door. I calmly got up to open it and Perfect Carlos stood there. His hair still down and his hands in his lab coat pockets.

"Oh hey." My face felt hot. Probably from what I said. I could feel the blush.

"Looks like I have an admirer." He said pulling a earphone out of his right ear.

"O-oh. Hehe." I scratch the back of my head. Ugh, guys are so complicated. I am one, but they aren't like girls. I got used to date girls and I didn't like them really. My first boyfriend thought I was too clingy. Ugh, my crush. How will he react?

"If I could admit, I do like your tattoos." He says. I realize my sleeves were rolled up. I push them down and chuckle. I look straight into his eyes. They are glimmering like a lake in summer. Melting. Burning.

Suddenly the music stops. I go back to the broadcast. I don't bring up Carlos because I talked too much about him. When I finish, I turn around and Perfect Carlos is gone. Oh well. Tomorrow at 4.