Mr. Scientist

When I first arrived to this little desert community, I thought it was just an ordinary town. But I forgot I was here to expand my studies about it. It was out of the ordinary. That is why I came here.
Instead I came to find, oddly, love. His name is Cecil. Cecil Gershwin Palmer. The radio host of this small desert community.

I gathered everyone in the town hall to announce my studies, along with a few fellow scientists. A few minutes after everyone was gathered, I noticed a man. He sparkled. His hair, not at all long. He had white blonde hair separated in half with black, he wore a plain white button-up shirt, purple suspenders, black dress pants, and dress shoes.

His sleeves were rolled up revealing tattoos of black and purple. They were all different and all beautiful. He had black glasses in rectangular shape. He looked absolutely stunning in my opinion.

After that was all over, I went to lunch in the town square cafeteria. I didn't really eat I was crowded by papers and my laptop sitting in the middle of it all. The stunning blonde man approached me, I felt happy as he sashayed over. I pretended to work to show less interest in him, even though I wanted him.

"Hi." he said.
"Hey." I replied. I didn't want to show any signs that I liked him.
"What are you working on?" He asks me. I remembered his voice. It was from the radio show I listened into last night while I was at the motel. It was beautiful.
"Just things. Things about the dog park. I became curious after listening to your broadcast last night." I said. His face goes slightly red. I do not react on the outside but I do just a little bit on the inside.
"Ha, the mysterious hooded figures have become even more mysterious." I look back down at my work, confused. "So, you're new around here. What's your name?"

"Carlos." I say. I don't really like using my full name.

"I'm Cecil. Things get pretty strange around here, would it be okay if I showed you around?" He said. It sounded a bit flirty. He seemed to like me. I know I like him. I do not know if he can tell.

"Um...that sounded a bit flirty. As in a date?" I ask him. His face goes red again. Ugh I blew it. Big time.

"Oh no, only if you intend it to be. But you look like you're going to stay around for a bit." It was true. I would need to learn my way around. It's pretty strange around here as it already appears. I say to meet me up back here at 4 tomorrow. He leaves and I go back to work.

Later, I listen in on his broadcast. Right when he says, "I fell in love instantly." is where I started listening in. I have a feeling that he was talking about me. I was walking near the radio station and well, I think I should stop to pay a visit.

I knock on his door when he starts playing the music for weather. He opens and when he notices me he blushes. "Oh hey." I smile a bit and take out one of my earbuds. I look at him. I stare deeply into his purple eyes. Different shades of purple mix around in his eyes. He has magical eyes that make me fall in love with him even more. Oh his purple eyes.

"It looks like I have an admirer." He jumps slightly and blushes harshly and gasps a little bit. I glance down and notice his bright purple tattoos. The glow slightly.

"If I could admit, I do like your tattoos." I said. He notices I've been looking at his tattoos and pushed down his sleeves and chuckles. The song for weather ends. He goes back and I leave. Walking down the street I think about tomorrow. Tomorrow at 4.