Chapter 11

A few scientists with catch poles ran into the room towards the cats.

Kyle looked as his friends in terror, "RUN!" They sprinted away from the scientists as fast as they could in the direction of the other push door located on the other side of the arena.

As they neared the door it flung open to reveal another scientist with a catch pole. Kyle's thoughts spoke loudly at him.

If we stop now, there is no chance of getting out of here. TAKE THE RISK!

"Keep running, go between his legs!" Kyle yelled to the others. They sprinted and dove between and around the man's legs. Shocked that the cats didn't stop at his appearance, the man lost his balance as he tried to kick the cats back in the arena and fell backwards.

Mud burst out a laugh as the cats ran down the hall.

"That idiot really thought he could stop us alone?!" Mud's laughing continued.

Jessy yelled at him in annoyance, "just keep running, if you don't stop laughing like that you'll get tired way faster!"

Tip looked behind them, "guys they are following! Where are we going?!"

Kyle looked around the hall as he ran and his eyes widened.

"Guys I know where we are! The room we were trapped in is down that hall ahead of us which means." Kyle took a sharp turn to the left.

"The exit door is this way, we just need to do d some way over the fence out there as FAST!"

The door came into view and they pelted as fast as they could. Upon reaching the door Tip called out to them.

"Guys! I'm way slower than you!" Tip was indeed a little ways behind them. Mud opened the door and let Jessy out while Kyle went to Tip.

"I got you pal," he said as he lifted Tip onto his back. His ears flicked up as he heard the sound of boots coming closer. Kyle ran out the door with Mud following and met back up with Jessy.

Jessy looked at Kyle worried, "how do we get out?" Kyle scanned the area and his eyes landed on something quite helpful.

"Look! That supply truck is about to leave, the humans are open I g the gate for it."

Tip followed his view point, "great! Lets go through!"

Kyle shook hos head, "No, we still won't be able to keep out running the people. We'll take the van. It doesn't have doors so we'll be able to jump right into the back."

The said truck started to drive out the gate.

Mud started running, "well then we better get there before it's gone!" The others followed Mud. The truck made it through the gate and luckily, so did the cats before it was shut.

They now noticed that this placed was in the country area, due to all the plantation flanking the sides of the road. They neared the truck and Jessy leapt in the back of it, soon followed by Mud.

Mud turned around, "toss Tip up here, you can't jump with him on your back."

Kyle nodded and thrust Tip up towards Mud using his whole body. With a yelp Tip was caught by the scruff by Mud and hauled the rest of the way onto the truck.

Mud and Jessy crouched down on the truck and held out a paw to Kyle, but a dip in the road claimed him first. Kyle tumbled on the road, his senses getting stung by the overwhelming smell of hot pavement.

When his tumbling stopped, he pushed himself up to see the truck and his friends speeding away into the distance. He heard his name being yelled, but it was too late. The truck was now moving too fast for him to catch up, and for his friends to even jump off safely.

Kyle looked down with a sigh.

What do I do now?