Chapter 3 : New life

I woke up in a dark alley between two building. I tried to open my eyes but it burning too much, after a moment it stopped and i was finally able to see where i am.

I looked around and finally noticed that i wasn't in the room i used to wake up every day. My eyes widened when i remembered what happened yesterday.

'I did it, I am outside' I smiled and start walking.

It was the first time i seen so many people in the same place, everything was so new. The sky was so blue and beautiful and the hot sun was shining warming my skin. When I was still in the laboratory there was a certain scientist who was different from the others, he was even rather nice to me. I don't remember exactly but i think he had long black hair and golden eyes. He always smiled to me and even give me books, when i was reading them i could imagine what the outside world looks like. One day he said something to me, it was the first time that one of the scientists spoke to me.

"One day you will see the other world i promise you" he said. after this day i never seen him again.

He was right , im here now and i will never go back to this f*cking laboratory...

I spent my day going to all the places that seemed interesting, so everywhere.

I was looking at the setting sun, i was so hungry and tired. I escaped but i have nowhere to go and nothing to eat, what am i gonna do now?

"Excuse me young girl, are you lost?" a voice asked as i felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turned around and seen a women with red hair and a kimono. Wait, did she just said girl?

I looked at her not knowing what to answer, he seen my confusion and smiled.

"Well, where do you live?"

"Huh- Where do I live?" i answer still looking at her confused.

"Where are your parents" she asked.

"Parents?" her eyes widened at my response but his expression quickly changed to a sadder.

"I see" she said with a sad smile.

"Come with me" she continued and turned around, I hesitated, but do I have another solution? And then she didn't look bad.

I followed her to a small house, she opened the door and let me in. My eyes widened upon entering, it was so pretty here, something made this house warm and i didn't wanted to leave this place.

I looked everything with a big smile when i heard a laugh behind me and i turned to the women.

"Well, what your name?" she asked smiling.

"I'm chuuya" I reply

"isn't that a boy's name?" she asked puzzled.

I forgot she thinks I'm a girl ... but I don't know if I should tell her, I don't know her and if she finds out that I escaped from the Ability laboratory she could report me.

"Whatever, i'm Kouyou ozaki." She said.

"Please  take a sit" she said and we sat on a sofa.

"So, you don't have parents or any family who would take care of you?"

"I don't"

"Well, you can stay with me if you want" she said and i looked up at her.

"Really?!"

"Of course" she reply smiling

I was really lucky to meet this woman, now i had a place to stay. But i'm gonna need to act like a girl now ...

She showed me my room and left to prepare dinner. I lay down on the bed and looked at the ceiling. I think i'm gonna be good here, it's gonna be my new life.