Chapter 4

2 days later...

"Hey mom."

"Hey sweetie, how's everything going? Luke annoying you yet?"

I laughed. "No everything is great."

Mom and I were talking for the first time since I had gotten here. Hearing her voice made me miss her more.

"How are the boys?" Mom asked.

I shrugged. "Good. Always busy though. Working all the time."

Mom nodded. "Something bothering you. You seem a little off?"

"No, I'm fine. Just tired."

She nodded. "Have you gone to work with your brother yet?"

"No, but I'm going with him tomorrow. He wanted the first few days off to help me adjust to being here."

"That's good. Tell him I miss and love him."

"Will do."

"Love you Sam. Don't get into any trouble."

Only if she knew the kind of trouble I was in.

"I won't love you mom."

"Love you too."

We hung up and I sighed. I haven't told Luke yet. It's been two days since the appointment. I don't know how I'll tell him. Ashton told me he would support me. I knew Luke would be mad at first. That's what held me back from telling him.

I got up from my bed and went into the kitchen to get something to eat. Luke was doing some push-ups on the ground when I walked out.

"What are you doing. Trying to gain muscle?" I said laughing.

Luke stopped and looked up at me laughing. "No, just trying to get some sort of workout in."

I shook my head. "You're such a health freak."

I made my way into the kitchen and looked for something to eat.

"That's what happens when you're a doctor. You see what happens to people who eat bad. It makes you think about what your consuming."

I nodded.

"Are you hungry again? You ate like two hours ago."

I looked to Luke and glared at him.

"Why do you care when I eat? It's my body."

Luke put his hands up defensively. "I'm just trying to look out for you. No need to get snappy."

These damn hormones were making me feel this way. I then found myself crying. Luke looked at me confused. Wondering why the hell I was crying.

"I'm sorry." I said.

Luke pulled me into a hug and started to play with my hair.

"No, you're ok. I'm sorry for saying something. I know being away from Mom is hard."

I wanted to scream out that I was pregnant and that's why I was hungry and hormonal. But I didn't.

I wiped my eyes and then gave Luke a small smile.

"What are we doing today?" I asked.

"Well, I want you to meet my friend Sierra. The physical therapist I told you about."

I nodded. "When?"

"For lunch. Probably around 1 if that's ok?"

"Yeah, that's cool."