Chapter 13

Couple weeks later...

Luke and Sierra had been official for a couple weeks now, and were still going strong. Sierra was over at the apartment a lot now, which I didn't mind.

Sierra and I have a sister like bond. We can talk forever about anything and everything.

Bailey was coming in a couple of days which was really exciting. I hadn't seen her in months. I missed her so much. Its hard when you're not in the same place to stay connected.

I had my gender scan today for the baby which was exciting. I was excited to know but I was already in love with this baby. The gender didn't really matter to me. As long as they were healthy, I was happy.

"Luuuuuuuuuke." I called from the living room.

Luke was being too slow for my liking. I was worried about being late to the appointment.

I didn't hear anything so I called his name again. This time, Luke came in buttoning his jeans.

"Sorry, I was on FaceTime with Si."

I laughed. They talked so much, even when they weren't together. Sierra was visiting some family this week, meaning Luke and her were facetiming  when they could.

"Let's go lover boy."

Luke chuckled, grabbing his keys before leading us to his car. We both got in and he started to drive.

"Are you excited about seeing Bailey in a couple of days?" Luke asked.

I nodded, smiling. "Yeah, its been too long."

We listened to Green Day during the drive. I stared out the window. It doesn't always feel real that this is my life now. Its weird to think I'm gonna have a baby. That I'm living in California. And that I'm away from my mom and my best friends.

When we got to the hospital, we both got out of the car and walked inside. I signed in and then sat down in the waiting room.

"What do you think the baby is gonna be?" I asked Luke.

He smiled. "I think a girl. It would be awesome to have a little niece."

I smiled, laughing a little. Luke was definitely going to be a cute and great Uncle.

"Samantha Hemmings?"

I stood up, following the nurse back with Luke behind me.

After all the vitals, I sat down and waited on the bed. Luke and I made small talk before Mikey came in.

"How's my favorite patient?" He asked, siting on the rollie chair.

I laughed "Good. Kinda tired but good."

Mike smiled, nodding. We went over my symptoms and how I was feeling before we got to the exam part. I laid back and let Mike put the cold gel on my belly. I honestly would never get used to the gel. It was the worst part.

He started to move the wand around and the baby popped up on the screen.

"They're getting so big." I said with a smile.

Mike smiled, nodding. "Looking perfect for being 18 weeks. Right on track."

Luke also smiled at the screen. It was nice that I had support from people I loved.

"Alright, do we wanna know the baby gender today?" Mike asked.

I nodded. "Yes please."

Mike smiled. "Congratulations, you're having a beautiful little girl. "

I started to tear up, smiling. I didn't think I was gonna get emotional finding out. But I did. Luke let out a few tears as well. Mike handed me a few tissues, patting my arm.

I smiled, wiping the tears away.

Mike printed a picture of her before we were on our way home.

"I've never seen you get emotional Lukey."

Luke chuckled. "I have three girls i now gotta care for."

I smiled, resting a hand on my small bump.
__________
A couple days later, I was getting ready for the day when Luke knocked on my door.

"Hey, can you come out here for a sec."

I nodded, standing up to follow Luke out into the living room. I almost passed out when I saw who was at the door.

"Hey bitch."

"BAILEY." I ran over to her, pulling her into a hug.

She laughed, hugging me back. "I missed you Sam."

I let a few tears fall, hugging her tighter. It didn't feel real that she was here. Bailey kept hugging me. She seemed a bit different. Her curly hair was a bit shorter and she was wearing very little makeup. But I knew she was still the best friend I had left behind.

After a few minutes, I pulled her into my room, where we sat on my bed.

"So, catch me up with everything that has been happening." I said.

Bailey told me about how the whole friend group had basically fallen apart since I left. Lots of drama happened and it just became toxic. The whole school back home found out about the pregnancy which made me glad I wasn't going back any time soon.

"I've missed you so much Sam, its hard without you there."

I nodded. "Its been hard without you too Bail. How long are you here for?"

"A couple of days."

I smiled, nodding.

"You look so cute with a bump Sam." Bailey said, smiling a bit.

I laughed a bit. "Let me show you how baby girl looks." I grabbed the ultrasound picture.

"Omg, its a girl!!!"

I laughed, nodding. I handed her the picture and Bailey smiled.  "Awwwww."

I smiled, sitting down next to Bailey. Laying my head on her shoulder. Wrapping my arms around her.

"I'm so glad you're here." I said.

"I'm glad I'm here too."

________
Updated earlier than I thought I would.
Hope you enjoyed❤❤❤