Chapter 15

"I wish you could stay." I said, hugging Bailey tight.

She nodded, hugging back. "Me too Sam, but I'll see you again soon. I promise"

I wiped a few tears away, nodding. We hugged again and then Bailey grabbed her bags before going to catch her flight. It hurt to say goodbye to her. I wish we didn't live so far away.

Luke drove me and him to the hospital since he needed to get work done. I decided to tag along instead of sitting at home alone.

We got to his office and I sat onto the couch. I picked at my nails until Luke told me I should go for a walk. I groaned but nodded, standing up and walking out of the office.

I walked past a young girl in the hallway. She was maybe a year or two younger than me. Red curly hair and was using a walker. She gave me a smile and I smiled back. I continued my walk, walking around in the loop that the ward went in. After that I decided to stop and get a candy bar from the vending machine.

"Hey, you're not supposed to be eating that." I heard someone say.

I looked up and saw Michael with his goofy smile.

I laughed. "Shh, keep it a secret." I grabbed the candy bar from the machine and started eating it.

Michael zipped his lips and threw away the invisible key. I laughed at his silliness. I sat down at a table and Mike sat down across from me after grabbing a salad.

"How have you been doing?" I asked.

"Good, been busy but good." Mike said.

I nodded, playing with the bracelet I was wearing.

"Your mom's coming soon isn't she?"

I nodded. "This weekend. "

Mike nodded. "Do you miss home?"

I thought for a minute. Did I miss home? Sure I did sometimes but I honestly had a better life here than I did back home.

I shrugged. "Kinda."

He nodded again before Luke came in. "What are you two up to?" Luke asked, sitting down.

"Nothing." We both said.

Luke laughed.

The rest of the day was me walking around the garden and spending time in Luke's office
_____
A few days later...

Mom was coming today which was kinda weird. I hadn't seen her in so long.

She was gonna be staying for a few days which was nice. I was a bit nervous to see her. She obviously knew I was pregnant but I told her over the phone.

Luke had me help him clean the apartment. It wasn't dirty but Luke wanted it to look nice.

After cleaning up, it was about time to pick our mom up from the airport. Luke and I got into the car and headed to the airport. I tapped my foot a little in the car, staring out the window.

When we got to the airport, we waited a bit before we saw mom coming out the door. Luke and I got out to hug her, Luke first. Mom hugged him tight and he kissed her on the cheek. I hugged her after. She smelled like her vanilla bean perfume she always wears. Her hug was warm and loving like always.

We all piled back into the car and Luke drove us all back to the apartment. Mom looked around, smiling.

"This is a nice place hun."

Luke nodded. "I love it here. Its honestly perfect."

Mom smiled and then sat down on the couch.

"I haven't been here in so long. I was probably in college the last time I was here."

Luke put a hand on her shoulder. "Well, we're gonna make these next few days amazing."

She smiled. "I'm just glad to be with two of my babies."

We both smiled and hugged her.

"We love you mom." Luke and I said.

"I love you guys too."

____________
I feel like this chapter kinda sucks. I've been super tired this week. Hope you guys are doing good❤