Chapter 10

Luke POV

Sam was going to be going home in 2 weeks and I was still working up the courage to ask mom to let her stay. I wanted to protect Sam. Especially now that she's pregnant.

I tapped my foot nervously before picking my phone up and clicking my mom's contact. It rang for a few minutes before she answered.

"Hey Luke."

"Hey mom."

We chatted for a few minutes, catching up and talking about how everything was going with me and Sam.

"Mom, I wanted to ask you something."

"What's up dear?"

I took a breath before asking "Can Sam stay with me?"

It was quiet for a moment before mom spoke again. "Luke, she starts school again soon."

"She can do school here. And I can take care of her. She has mike here to take care of her while she's pregnant. I'll pay for you to fly out here and visit. Please let her stay with me mom. I wanna be the best brother I can be."

"Ok, she can stay. But make sure to tell her that I want calls daily."

"Ok mom I will. I love you."

"Love you too Luke."

After hanging up, I ran into Sam's room and pulled her into a hug.

"Luke-"

I kissed her head, smiling. "Mom said you can stay."

Sam smiled. "I'm so glad."

I smiled more. The rest of the night was full of watching movies and spending time together
----
A couple weeks later
  Sam's pov

"Sam you got an appointment with Mikey, we gotta go."

Luke was rushing to get out the door because he had work. I was tired and annoyed but decided to not fight him. I was not in the mood.

I threw shorts and a sweatshirt on before slipping shoes on and rushing out the door with Luke. I was going for my 14 week check up which was exciting. It was crazy to me how fast the pregnancy was going. I was almost at the half way point.

After climbing in the car, Luke turned the radio and I stared out the window. Luke had been working long shifts and was tired when he got home at night. I stayed home most of the time due to starting school. Online school was actually kinda good.

I miss Luke being home more often. Its like we barely see each other anymore.

When we got to the hospital, Luke parked and we got out. Luke took me down to the waiting room and checked me in before he had to rush to his department.

I sat down in the waiting room which was empty. The perks of being close with the doctor is that I'm able to get early appointments which is nice.

"Samantha Hemmings?" The nurse said.

I stood up and followed her back where she did all the vitals, blood work and peed in a cup. All the fun check up stuff. After she brought me into the room she told me Mike would be in soon and I was left alone.

I wish I had friends out here but I don't. I have the boys and their girls but they're all older and have to work. I want friends my own age here.

It felt like awhile before Mike finally came in.

"Hey Sam. Sorry I had a few phone calls to make."

"Thats ok Mikey."

He smiled before popping on gloves. "Lay back for me and lets see how little peanut is doing."

I laid back and lifted my shirt. After he put the gel on my tummy, he moved the wand around before looking at the screen.

 After he put the gel on my tummy, he moved the wand around before looking at the screen

I smiled, looking at the screen as well. The baby had grown so much since the last time.

"And theres the little peanut." Mike smiled.

He started to point out the little hands and feet. After checking the heart beat , he said everything was perfect.

"Baby is doing well Sammie. I'm glad everything is going smoothly. Hopefully it stays this way. Make sure you keep eating right and try to get exercise. Sleep is also really important."

I laughed. "Mikey I live with a doctor. He makes sure I do all of that."

Mike laughed.  "Very true but you know I have to say that."

I nodded. After we set my next appointment up, Mike took me to Luke's office. He gave me a hug and kiss on the forehead before being paged to the ER.

I flopped down onto the couch and played on my phone for a bit. It was pretty quiet. I stared out the window for a moment before I heard my phone ring. I look down to see who it was and my heart stopped.

Bailey...

---------
Ok, I'm finally making an update. Its been so long and I'm sorry for that. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Hoping I'll be better at updating. Love you guys❤️