↳ apr. 16

i. first day!
LOLA NOVAK

[🪐]

       I YAWNED EXASPERATEDLY,
tossing my bags onto my couch and heading straight to my bedroom. I didn't know why I was so exhausted, probably because I was finally calming down after such a nerve-wracking day.

It had been a long and stressful process, but I finally was hired as a costume designer on this television show. This was my second time working with a TV series, and I hoped this one would last longer than the first. I just needed a full time job at this point—money was becoming an issue for me, and I was too deep in the film industry to just back out. I'd have nothing else to do.

And plus, I loved fashion. It was the one thing I was unconditionally interested in, and knew I wouldn't get bored of. And with this new job, the cast members changed costumes several times an episode so there was a lot for me to do. Which was already fantastic.

I wasn't really into crime shows, so being hired on the Criminal Minds set really didn't blow my mind or anything. Actually, I wasn't into any shows in general—I rarely watched television.

But I did have social media. I don't know how, but last year I kinda blew up on Instagram. Apparently, people liked my hair.

Anyways, I brought out my phone and went to the app, only to see a familiar name on the top of my activity.

ACTIVITY
_____________________

TODAY:

@gublergram ( )               【FOLLOW】
started following you.              
@user9183828                      【FOLLOW】
started following you.
@pandagirlxxo8                   【FOLLOW】
started following you.

—239 others followed you. click to view—

I furrowed my eyebrows, staring at the familiar name. I clicked on the profile, immediately recognizing the face. It was Matthew Gray Gubler, one of the cast members of Criminal Minds. I had caught him weirdly staring at me earlier today and whispering to Shemar Moore, which honestly was quite offensive because I had originally thought they were making fun of me or something.

But looking at it now, maybe he caught interest in me if he went out of his way to follow my Instagram. Either that, or Matthew was just friendly enough to follow all of the cast and crew of Criminal Minds. He did seem like a nice man.

I stalked his Instagram for a little, laughing at some of his strange videos. He seemed like such a fun person to be around, but I really wasn't interested in becoming super tight with celebrities or anything, especially if they were men. I knew exactly how crazy those fan girls could get, and honestly, I didn't want anything to do with it. Again.

But we don't talk about that what happened the first time.

I continued stalking, looking at one of his recent posts.
______________________________
gublergram                                         •••

gublergram if you look close enough, the wrinkle between my nonexistent eyebrows says "LOL"

view all 3928 comments

- pagetgram ( ) looks like you've got a little creature in there
- thomasgibsonofficial ( ) i do believe that this picture was taken the same day you decided to do a handstand on top of your trailer and ended up with a bruise on your face.
      ↳ gublergram i did look pretty cool though...
      ↳ user193838 my hero
      ↳ richlimes7 ur so hot
      ↳ strawberryjuice03 daddies 😍😍
- shemarfmoore ( ) this hair was tragic, if I could go back in time I'd throw the whole character away
       ↳ papireidlol s1 reid was so cute tho!!!!
       ↳ reidswife09 don't disrespect my baby 😡🤬😡🤬
       ↳ ratchetcamelopes wrong move man, you got the whole fandom attacking you now
- joemantegna ( ) my great aunt looks different in this picture
       ↳ twinkletoes69 this is correct. I was the aunt.
       ↳ crimindsxox pretty sexy aunt you got if this is true

I laughed, zooming into the photo so I could see what he was talking about. But during the process, is accidentally double tapped the photo and ended up liking it.

I paused, realizing he'd know I was stalking, then carelessly shrugged, tossing my phone on my bed. This Matthew character did seem quite...unique, but I really didn't want any connections to celebrities right now. And from the looks of it, he was quite loved out there. So that was the whole spiel of why I didn't follow him back. I doubted it would matter much anyways—I was just a costume designer who was slightly instagram famous.

[🪐]

a/n:
yo yo yo here's another book about this man because i'm obsessed :) it'll have both story-telling and social media stuff innit sooo yuhh

the chapters are a little shorter in this section but dw I've made sure that the plot thickens and becomes real dramatic bc I thrive off chaos