↳ iv. it only took you like a year

iv. it only took you like a year
LOLA NOVAK

oct. 1, 2017
[🪐]

       TODAY WAS PRETTY MUCH
uneventful as ever. This job was beginning to get more and more boring as time passed, mainly because all BJ wanted me to do was sew some costumes up, or organize the costume rooms. The biggest thing we ever did was a yearly cast measurement so that we could get some new costumes.

I had been doing AJ and Kirsten's characters costumes for about a year now, so I was pretty good friends with those two. Actually, the entire Criminal Minds cast was super nice and friendly—it wasn't at all difficult to get close and talk to them.

Well, minus Matthew, but he's a different story.

I still didn't know what was up. Whenever I was around Shemar or something, he went off to who knows where, and whenever I caught him looking at me, he merely just looked away. It was weird, and honestly I kinda just wanted to talk to him about it at this point. I mean it's been a year, for god sakes.

I was in a dressing room, making some new pieces with some people on BJ's design team.

"Garcia's costumes are tragic." Parker Lewis, one of the younger interns, said distastefully, holding up the colorful skirt.

"Excuse me, I was the one who picked that out." I deadpanned, rolling my eyes.

"And you did a good job. She's supposed to look like she shops from Justice." Parker snorted, and I rolled my eyes.

"That skirt is vintage, mind you." I said, picking at my fingernails.

"You're a hoe for that stuff." He said, "I've never seen you wear a brand name item."

"I have Gucci sandals at home." I said, winking at the man.

"Why am I not surprised?" Parker scoffed.

I laughed, looking up as BJ walked inside, meeting my gaze.

"I have to speak to the producers so can you do Matthew's measurements today?" She asked me, and I gulped, glancing over at Parker.

"Girl, don't look at me. Go." He said, smirking at me.

"Also, measure his feet. I wanna get him new converse." BJ said, patting my shoulder as I walked past.

"You spoil him, BJ." I scoffed.

"No, I spoil Spencer Reid." BJ winked.

"Where even is he???" I asked with slight annoyance.

BJ shrugged, "exactly why I'm making you do it, because I'm too lazy to chase him down right now."

I groaned, shaking my head and walking outside to where all the trailers were parked. I saw Paget Brewster standing outside and talking to some people, calling our her name and running.

"Lola!" She exclaimed, "what's up???"

"Where's Matthew?" I asked her, seeing her groomed eyebrows furrow.

"Probably in his trailer. Why? Is this a trailer hookup going underway?"

I grimaced at the thought, pretending to gag and puke. "Gross. And no, I need to do measurements." I said, looking at her wearily. Paget saw the look and burst out laughing.

"You don't look too happy about that."

"It's gonna be awkward. He's so quiet around me." I whined.