↳ vi. the blooming friendship!

vi. the blooming friendship!
MATTHEW GRAY GUBLER

[🪐]

AFTER LAST NIGHT'S CONVO
with Lola, I practically pranced to work, ready to see her. I couldn't believe how easy it was to talk to the woman—it felt like we'd been friends for years. And god, she was so cute. She was pretty much everything I wanted in a girl, I was SURE of it.

I was sitting in the break room now along with AJ, Joe, and Paget waiting for our scenes. I wanted to get up and find Lola, but I wasn't sure if it'd be a little weird or not—I figured I should just let fate bring us together.

"So, Matthew," Paget started, looking around the room before leaning in. "I heard Lola gave you a visit yesterday."

Immediately I grinned, and everyone else gasped dramatically.

"We're friends now." I told them, "we texted last night also." I boasted proudly, and the three snorted.

"Yeah, only took you like a year." Joe rolled his eyes.

"At least we're won't have to hear you complain about being scared to talk to her anymore." AJ smirked.

"Oh, I'm still scared." I nodded casually, "but, this is a fantastic start. We have this thing, where we act like we're getting married." I said excitedly.

"Oh, I bet you just love that." Paget said.

"I do love it." I said, crossing my arms and leaning back in my chair. "She's wonderful."

"He's got a bad case." Joe mumbled to the others.

"I agree." AJ said. "But you've heard of the other drama she's been involved in, right?"

"Yeah, like now she dated Evan Peters?" I asked. "What happened, by the way?"

"I saw an article about how they were caught outside together on multiple occasions, and the director of AHS fired her after finding out about their relationship." Paget explained, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I hate those news sites. Why can't they just butt out?" I sighed exasperatedly. "She didn't deserve that. I-I mean, it wouldn't have brought her to us if that didn't happen, but still..."

"Yeah." Paget said, looking at me. "Don't raise your expectations too high, Matthew."

"What does that mean?" I asked wearily.

"I mean, sometimes you expect for others to like you as much as you like them, and it doesn't always work out."

"I cannot believe you're giving me relationship advice when I'm the one who brought you and you're husband together." I deadpanned, and she rolled her eyes.

"I just don't want you to get hurt, Matt." Paget said, giving me a kind smile.

"Thanks, but she's really kind." I mumbled, "and I'd be okay with being friends."

"That's what they all say, buddy."

[🪐]