8

Dear Lux,

I took the children to get their cyber crystals today. I almost thought I was going to lose them, the only reason why I took them, is because the Masters are too busy fighting the War to be there with them. Usually, a Master Would get their Padwand, then take them to get it. But Jedi die more, and more. I'm afraid these kids won't get one.

While on our way back we were attacked by Handons clan, and I was kidnapped. Thankfully the children weren't, but I wasn't so lucky. I put on a mask and acted like I wasn't afraid of them. I'm not their just sloppy pirates, but I lost hope and thought I was going to be sold. I didn't show them of course, my pride is all I have.

I thought of you while I was held, hostage. About the last time we spoke, and how I wish it wasn't the last. I tried to build up all the hope you always have and give others, but it didn't come. The children saved me thankfully, how else would I be writing this. They truly are some of the strongest kids I've ever met. It's just sad they have to grow up in these times.

I fought General Grievous again...

I'm pretty badass.

But you wouldn't know me while enough to know would you.

I make jokes when I'm scared, I act confident so others will see me as their equal. They only see me as a kid, so I hide my fears. Maybe if I act tough and fearless they won't doubt me and my abilities.

I wish I was allowed to be afraid...

Anyways, how are you, and Hyla? I finally figured out her name.

I hope you are happy with her.

It must be nice to have someone to love.

As a Jedi, I will be never be allowed to know. It clouds judgment.

It's crazy, I'll never get be a mother, get a boyfriend, get to settle down, and get married.

But all of those are just luxuries, what I am doing as a Jedi is more important. I have a purpose, a duty. I used to think about leaving the order, to be with you. But you have Hyla now, you are happy with her. You can do that with her.

But if by chance it doesn't work out, you'll always have a chance with me.

That's crazy though. You are the most amazing person I know! She would be crazy to leave you, I bet you are everything to her, and she's everything to you.

I don't know why I am writing this. You'll never see this, and you don't even talk to me anymore.

Sincerely,

Ahsoka