Chapter 2

"India's most Eligible Bachelor is all set to Be Hitched", she read. Sighing, she went on to add the file "Shukla & Singhania" to a folder named "New Assignment". 

'Shubh Mangal Wedding' was the most trusted name in the Wedding Planning business. Shehnaaz Kaur Gill had, at such an young age had managed to make a mark for herself in the industry. But that's wasn't surprising for the people who knew her. She was ambitious and feisty. In just a matter of 5 years, her company had prospered. From planning those small scale weddings to planning weddings of all the big shot names across the country, her journey wasn't an easy one. She often wondered whether she could've done it all alone. And every time the answer was "No". She couldn't have done it without her best friend and her business partner, Asim Riyaz. They had been dating for the past one year but he wasn't exactly her boyfriend. Shehnaaz never cared too much about labels. It really didn't bother her. She knew her first priority was her Company. After all, she had sacrificed so much to reach where she was now. Although not the kind to let her emotions overpower her, she felt a strange kind of protectiveness towards her team, most of whom had been there since the inception of the Company. They were like her family. 

She was finishing off some accounting work when suddenly a growling sound came from her stomach. It was lunch time and just when she was about to leave, a man walked into her cabin with some packets in his hand. "Tumne bulaya aur hum chalein aaye..." sang Asim, as he put the packets on the table. Without even saying a word, she started eating. It was Lemon Chicken, her favourite and after finally eating enough to satisfy her hunger for the moment, she finally looked up at Asim who was just busy staring at her. "Main nahi hota toh tera kya hota Sana?", he asked teasingly. She pretended to be annoyed and rolled her eyes but even she knew that what he said was true.

Asim Riyaz had known Shehnaaz for six years now. Although the son of an industrialist, he never had any interest in the family business. He took this sudden interest in Event Management and given his dad's sources, had joined India's leading Event Management company. It was there that he had met Sana, where she was working as a junior Manager. There was something about her that made him take sudden interest in her and soon they became friends. He came to know that she had a degree in management from abroad and was working here just to gain market insights and consumer behaviour. Her long term plan was to have her own Wedding Planning company one day. She was so clear about her goals, it amazed Asim. He had the money and she had the brains so he decided to invest in her venture. Shehnaaz was a little hesitant at first as she felt it was still too early, but Asim assured her and had full faith on her, even in the initial phase when profit was low. He too learnt a lot from Shehnaaz and and today, together, they were owners of India's best Wedding Planning company.

"Oii, don't forget Ms. Singhania ke saath kal subah 11 baje ki appointment fix ki hai. This is going to be the biggest wedding of this year and she is hell bent on choosing us!", Asim said all excited. Sana was a little annoyed looking at his enthusiasm and excitement, as if this was their first big contract. "Haan toh? Phudak toh aise raha hai jaise teri maasi ki beti ki shaadi ho rahi hai", she said in an irritated tone. Asim felt a bit odd as it was unlikely of Sana to snap at such a small thing. But he let it be, as he was way too excited for the new assignment. Only Sana knew how nervous she was for tomorrow's meeting and she also knew why.

___________________________________________________________________________

Hey Guys! First of all, thank you for the response on Chapter 1 of The Wedding Planner. I honestly wasn't expecting such great response. I just hope Chapter 2 makes sense and does live up to the expectations.

Please read it and share your opinions and ideas. Every feedback is valuable.

So, chapter 2 was based exclusively on Shehnaaz and her life. There are still aspects which remain to be unfolded. Let's see what happens when Shehnaaz meets Nityami. And why is she so nervous about the meeting.

Keep reading and supporting!