Chapter 19

Before I begin, I would like to clarify that I don't understand how airports works. The last time I took a flight was 14 years back and I was a kid back then. So do excuse factual accuracy. Sorry in advance.

****************************

Sidharth and team wasted no more time and left for the airport. Sidharth still didn't know where exactly were they heading but he waited to ask his questions once they got into the car.

"Can someone tell me, where exactly we are going to search for Shehnaaz and how am I supposed to win her back?", He finally asked.

"Airport", Asim replied in one word.

"Bro. Are you expecting me to pull a Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Naa stunt? I mean sure I am a celebrity and maybe I will manage somehow without the police thinking that I'm some terrorist. But laws humpe bhi apply hote hai", Sidharth said.

"Nitya...", Asim gestured her to answer all his questions, as he focussed on driving.

"Sid. Can you chill. I mean sure tum dono ki love story is no less than a movie and jo tumlog karne jaa rahe they was also straight out of a rom-com. But yeh real life hai. We don't want you to ditch the security and run all the way to Shehnaaz", Nitya said. "Asim aur maine sab plan kar rakha hai. Yeh rahe tickets aur boarding pass pehle se printed kar rakhe the. Technicalities humne sambhal li. Bus I hope you can convince Shehnaaz..."

"Kamino tumne agar itna kuch plan kar hi rakha tha toh mujhe bhi pehle hi bata dete. Itna time kyu waste kiya yaar.", said Sidharth.

"Arey yeh sab figure out karne mein time lagta hai naa. We genuinely wanted you guys to come clean but jab dekha shaadi ho jayegi phir bhi tumlog muh nahi khologe tab Asim and I started thinking of a plan", Nityami said.

"Waise itna kuch jab you guys know toh bol bhi do woh gadhi kaha jaa rahi hai?", Sidharth asked.

"Canada. Waise even if she wouldn't have mentioned the place in the diary, main guess kar leta. Karan Aujla ka show hai two weeks mein..", Asim informed.

"Oh woh Don't Look wala. College time se fan thi. Tattoo bhi ussi ka karwa rakhi hai", Sidharth said, with a tinge of jealousy in his voice.

They reached the airport in some time. They had no luggage and since the boarding pass was printed, all they needed to do was get it stamped, and then go through the security check to get to Shehnaaz. It was already 9.15pm by the time they reached. Boarding was to start at 10.15pm and Sidharth was having a race against time.

The woman at the counter was a huge fan of Sidharth and wanted his autograph. Although his heart wanted to refuse and run to Shehnaaz as soon possible, he couldn't be rude to a fan. He obliged. And then ran to the security check. Asim and Nitya had told him to not wait for them and waste time. They assured him that they would catch up. By the time Sidharth was done with security check, it was 9.55pm.  He ran to the waiting area for gate number 4.

As every great love story would have it, Shehnaaz decided to go to the loo moments before Sidharth reached the waiting area. Sidharth looked for her frantically, as if his life depended on this. He called out his name a few times and when he stopped to catch a breath, someone tapped him on his shoulder.

He turned back to see Shehnaaz standing in front of her eyes. The most beautiful sight for him. Shehnaaz was shocked to see Sidharth, in his wedding attire, at the waiting lounge, calling out her name.

She asked, "Tu yaha kya kar raha hai? Teri shaadi ho gayi?"

"Abey kaisi gadhi hai bey tu. Shaadi ho jati toh tujhe aise pagalo ki tarah bulata kya? Ki Shehnaaz Shehnaaz shaadi ho gayi, kaha ho tum? Samajh nahi aata tere liye aaya hu", Sidharth said.