Thank You Note

Hi fam!!!

When I promised a long note at the end of the story, did you think I will publish it on time? Wouldn't it be unfair if I take an eternity to publish something, one last time?

First of all, Thank You. I know I used to post a thank you after every chapter. But this Thank You is the most special one. If you are reading this, You have stuck around from the beginning till the end and given my irregular updates, I know it wasn't an easy job. If you read this note, no matter who you are, I Love You. No kidding. 

I started this story as a joke. Yes. You heard that right. It was a joke. My best friend calls me Ekta Kapoor, because of the kind of drama I do/like. And while talking about her, I pitched the basic plot of it and she said, "Why don't you write a FF on it?". She knew how much I loved these Sidnaaz FFs and she just teased me about it. An hour later, I sent her my first chap and since then, she had worked as an Editor for me (lockdown joblessness).

So, when the first chapter was published, I thought no one will read it. A very kind FF writer gave a shout out to my story after reading the chapter and that was the first step towards a well established readership. I will forever be grateful to her for doing that. And I will forever be grateful to those who believed her and gave my story a read.

I had for most of my time on Wattpad been a Silent Reader. Sure, I used to vote on the stories but never did I comment on their work, no matter how much I loved it. But as I explored writing, I realised what these Votes and Comments do to you. It makes you want to work harder and write better. And since then, I have been doing my job of appreciating the works of others. I would urge you all to do it too.

Having said this, for me, this was never about the number of votes or comments. I Loved and still love everyone who invested their time on Reading this. Of course, the ones who voted and commented, made me happy. But to see the number of reads on my story was enough to make me feel good about myself.

If you are one of those, who have read all of my end notes, you will remember how for 90% of the entire work, I have mentioned that I felt you guys might not like it or something negative of that sort. Let me tell you, I honestly didn't do that to gain unnecessary attention (if you ever felt so). For the 21 years of my existence, I've had self esteem issues. So for me, to see people liking something of mine, astonished me. For the longest time I felt all of this unreal. For the longest time I didn't like my own work. But with your comments, votes, views on my story, I felt that maybe my story wasn't that bad. 

I have shared my issues with strangers and you guys have been nothing but Kind to me. Some of you, who hadn't commented earlier, commented on the note where I was tensed about my bank loan. These are the small gestures which never let me leave the book unfinished.

I was missing in action for a long period of time, maybe over three weeks or so. And for a brief moment I felt like unpublishing the book. But I didn't want to do that because of the love I have for SidNaaz and for you guys. Honestly, that Insta Live was a huge motivation to finish it up. The Live, their natural chemistry made me remember why I started writing the book in the first place.

A lot has happened since the time I first published chapter 1. I lost my dad, the sudden selection call, the loan issue, making new friends, group projects and losing some old ones. What got me through all of it was this book. And YOU. 

During my stint as a FF Writer, I became friends with a lot of people. I Love them. I love those who commented and voted on "filler chapters". I love those who Loved the other characters equally. I love those who came back to read the book after the big break.

I miss the ones who stopped commenting after 2 or 3 chapters. New people can never fill the void of the old ones. I miss the ones who were so invested in the story but maybe because of my irregularity lost track and never came back for the last few chapters. I know they really wanted to know how it would all turn out to be. I even miss the ones I don't know at all, who never found the story interesting after reading the first chapter or so. I wish all of them could stick around, just like some of you did.

But above all, I am Grateful. For the fandom. For Shehnaaz and Sidharth and for everyone on this app. I am so crazily in love with them that I see SidNaaz in my dreams. Kasam lage mereko, maine sacchi sapne mein dekha they had a daughter! :p 

I didn't want to write a story where a woman came between the leads. Female friendships and friendships in general mean a lot to me, so since the beginning I wanted the theme to hold true. So, you guys liking Nityami and Asim means a lot to me. 

At the end of every chapter, i would ask for opinions and suggestions, and never did I receive a negative comment. I genuinely felt that maybe it was so phaltu that peoplke didn't even want to criticize it. But thank you for loving me and the story even after all my dramas.

There have been few instances where some of the writers whose work I had always loved and enjoyed reading, read mine too and liked and commented on it. Such days were nice. 

ALL OF YOU HAVE A PIECE OF MY HEART.

FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT. FEEL FREE TO DROP A TEXT. YOU MIGHT NOT GET ANYMORE UPDATES FROM ME BUT I WILL BE HERE, COMMENTING ON THE WORKS I LOVE, JUST LIKE YOU GUYS.BE HAPPY. DO GOOD AND BE KIND. SPREAD LOVE. STREAM ALL THE 3 SONGS. 

LOTS AND LOTS OF LOVE,

TRISHITA.