Chapter 17

"Neha, if I remember correctly, I had asked for the updates yesterday. Why can't I see your mail in my inbox right now?", asked Shehnaaz sternly. Work had doubled up now that the last leg of the big wedding was about to begin.

Everyone in SMW was excited, including Asim.  For Shehnaaz, it was something she wanted to get done with as early as possible. She had decided to take a big break when all of this was done. She had even booked the tickets.

She checked the time on her phone and decided to leave. She was to accompany to help Nityami and Sidharth for the dress trial. Asim was supposed to join her directly at the boutique. She asked Neha to prepare the reports by the time she returned and left the office. 'Its okay Sana, just a week more', she told herself on her drive to the boutique.

She was the last one to reach. Nityami greeted her with her usual hug and said, "Sanaaa, thank god you are here. I need honest opinion with the designs and everything". Although a little relieved to see Sidharth missing, her eyes still searched for him. Asim helped Nityami like a professional which made her say, "Asim, tujhe wedding planner nahi, designer hona chahiye tha. I love your choice of lehengas". Asim was happy to be of some use to the ladies and said, "Arey designer bann jata toh Shehnaaz se kaise milta". He looked at Shehnaaz expectantly, and Shehnaaz felt a pang of guilt as she felt that she was leading Asim on. She decided to talk to him about everything after the wedding was over. She laughed slightly, just to keep his heart.

"Awww. You guys look so cute together. Nazar na lage kisiki", quipped Nityami. Her phone rang right then. It was Sidharth.

"Haan I just parked. Have you guys reached already? Main andar chala jau?', he asked.

"Yeah yeah. Meri toh aadhi shopping bhi ho gayi. Meet us inside only.", Nityami confirmed.

Shehnaaz's heart skipped a beat, seeing Sidharth. She cursed herself because of the effect this man's presence had on her. Since Nityami was done already finalizing her outfits and the selecting the designs of the wedding day lehenga, she decided to help Sidharth choose his outfit which would match with her.

Shehnaaz was strolling through the boutique when a beautiful pastel lehenga caught her eye. She wanted to try it on but didn't want to bother anyone with it. When it was time to leave, she told everyone that she has some work nearby and that others can continue with their day.

Sidharth had seen Shehnaaz looking at the lehenga and he knew she was thinking of going on a shopping spree, which she used to do back in the day, everytime she was stressed. He was already guilty of his behaviour with Shehnaaz at the dinner the other day and wanted some alone time with her. Nityami and Asim left while Sidharth pretended to go the other way and didn't leave.

As he had guessed, Shehnaaz took the lehenga to the trial room. He made sure no one's attention was on him and sneaked into the trail room to talk to her.  While trying on the lehenga, the blouse, which had a 'dori' at the back was out of Shehnaaz's reach. She decided to call for a sales executive to help her with the dori, and opened the door of the trial room. Just as she was about to call for someone, she felt a hand on her mouth. She tried to talk but the person quickly pulled her into the trial room and locked the door. It was none other than Sidharth.  His strong hand still covered her mouth while his other hand held her by the waist tightly. Shehnaaz, realising it was Sidharth, calmed down. There they were, just an inch or two away from each other, even as their brains always tried to maintain distance. Sidharth let go of his hand from her mouth.

"Abey kutte, tu pagal hai kya? Ladkiyon ka trial room hai yeh. Kisi ne dekh liya toh jail jayega seedhe", she said, all in one breath.

"Baby, you know I have my ways. Tu yeh sab chor. Mereko tujhse baat karni thi", said Sidharth.