Chapter 6

The next few days went by in a flash. Sana had determined to think less about Sidharth and focus more on Asim. She knew she took him for granted and she felt guilty about it but she did try her best to reciprocate what he felt for her. He had been asking her out for the past two years and last year, seeing how much he cared for her, she went out with him. Since then it had mostly been casual dinner or movie dates that had become a routine. But now was the time to take it more seriously.

They decided to go out on a dinner date at Souk, a classy Mediterranean cuisine restaurant, to celebrate the new project that they bagged. Sana decided to put in some more effort. She was dressed for the occasion. She wore a black sequined off-shoulder dress, pairing it up with black heels, a light shade of lipstick. She was looking no less than a diva.

Asim came to pick her up at her apartment and all that he could say was "Wow"

Asim came to pick her up at her apartment and all that he could say was "Wow". Sure she always dressed sharp, but he had never seen Sana take so much interest in dressing up so perfectly for any of their dates.

They enjoyed their dinner and talked less about business and more about random things in the world. But even though she tried hard, she couldn't help but remember how Sidharth was such a fan of Mediterranean food.

" Shehnaaz yaar! Humesha to Chinese yaa Indian khate hai. Chal na Mediterranean cuisine try Karte hai Aaj".

"Cheee naa Sidharth. Yeh sab angrezo wala Mediterranean muditerranean khana nahi khana. We've come here to study business like them, unki Tarah khana khane nahi"

"Abey moti, Aisi bakwaas karke thak nahi jati Kabhi tu? Humlog aaj Mediterranean khayege. Bus. Kabhi mere favourite bhi try kar Liya kar na"

She managed to divert away those thoughts and indeed spent a lovely evening with Asim. Just as they were leaving, she saw the man walk in with Nityami. Asim too saw them and he took her hand and walked towards them.  "Siyaapa", she muttered under her breath.

"Arey you guys are leaving? Shit. We could've had dinner together. A double date", Nityami said, excited to see them there.

"Haha, Nityami. Absolutely. But this Shehnaaz naa. Miss workaholic always has early dinner dates on weekdays. Subah their kama jo start Karna hai madam ko", Asim joked.

"Well, I guess Asim knows me the best. Anyway Nityami, we'll take your leave. You guys enjoy", Shehnaaz said as she wanted to run away as soon as possible. She could feel Sidharth's gaze on her all the while that they were having this small chit chat. Asim who was holding her hand all this while felt the grip loosening as Sana let go of his hand. And before she ended up doing something embarassing, Sana decided to flee. As they were leaving, she noticed a slight  smirk on Sid's face, and she knew instantly that he was up to something.

Sidharth and Nityami settled at their table and the other pair left the restaurant. Asim had gone to the parking to get his car while Shehnaaz followed behind when she got a call from one of their team members. She gestured Asim to go ahead as she went to the hotel's lobby where the restaurant was, to receive the call. Just as she was about to answer, she felt a pair of hands pulling her to the corner of the corridor, away from public view. Before she could even react, a hand covered her mouth. She instantly recognised those long, lean fingers, even without looking at the person's face. It was Sidharth. She just stared at his face, with a bewildered expression. Sidharth was actually having fun seeing her like this. And he himself didn't know what got into him that he was behaving like a teenager.