Chapter Five - Кексы

Cupcakes

Peter was experimenting in the kitchen yet again. He hadn't cooked in what felt like years. Not to mention he was making tons of food to mourn the loss of his alfredo sauce from the other night. He was making cupcakes this time around. The shorter of the two husbands was having cravings for sweets all day and what better sweets than cupcakes?

He already had the batter in the pan and the pan in the oven. He was trying to make some homemade icing when he felt strong arms wrap around his waist from behind. Peter leaned into Bucky as he stirred the icing. bucky pressed a kiss to Peter's hair.

"You know, I used to think you were a real bitch," Bucky said as he rested his head on top of Peter's.

"What changed your mind?" Peter asked knowing that he was a little bitchy from time to time.

"Oh, I still think you're a bitch," Bucky smiled.

"Rude!" Peter said as he elbowed Bucky.

"You didn't let me finish," Bucky groaned.

"How could you possibly turn that around?" Peter asked as he pushed Bucky's arms off of his shoulders and turned to face the taller male.

"You're just my bitch now," Bucky said as he stepped closer to Peter and wrapped his arms around the smaller's hips. Peter wrapped his arms around Bucky's neck while giving him a playful glare.

"Well played," Peter said before turning back to his icing.

DO NOT READ UNTIL YOU SEE BOLD TEXT AGAIN IF SELF HARM TRIGGERS YOU.

The oven dinged and Peter walked over pulling the cupcakes out without oven mitts.

"Yum cupcakes," Bucky said at first not noticing his husband's stupidity. Peter didn't even seem to notice his mistake, "Dumbass!" Bucky said as he walked over to Peter and looked at his now burned hand. And it was a bad burn.

"It's not like it hurts. I just forgot to put on the oven mitts. It'll heal in like five minutes," Peter shrugged.

"You're still letting me wrap it," Bucky said before going into the cabinet and pulling out some bandages.

"I don't see the point of this," Peter sighed as he let Bucky wrap the palm of his hand.

"The point," Bucky made eye contact with Peter, "is that you are still cooking and just because it will heal doesn't mean you should purposefully burn yourself," Bucky said before putting his attention back on Peter's hand.

"I didn't burn myself on purpose, James. I just forgot to put on the damn mit," Peter pulled his hand away once Bucky was finished wrapping it.

"You don't forget things, Peter," Bucky said with all seriousness.

"Maybe I did, just this once. I am human after all," Peter crossed his arms before turning his back to Bucky. Bucky dropped it, but he was not believing that Peter just forgot to put on the oven mitt for one second.

The truth was, Bucky was correct. Peter did not forget the oven mitt. He was trying to build up his pain tolerance. He had been doing it for a while. Granted, it was never in front of his husband. Peter had a high threshold for pain, but it had been ten years since he was in Hydra. Something inside of Peter was telling him Hydra was coming back and sometime soon, so he was not going to be caught off guard. And if somehow they did take him alive, they were not going to stop him with pain.

Peter could walk through a metal pole and be in a fraction of the amount of pain normal people felt, but Hydra had always seemed to be able to make him hurt and hurt a lot for that matter. He wanted to be prepared for the worst.

YOU MAY READ NOW. LOVE YOU GUYS, GALS, AND NONBINARY PALS.

Peter began icing the cupcakes as Bucky just admired his husband from leaning against the bar. He wasn't even being shy about the fact that his eyes were staring directly at Peter's ass. Peter was his husband after all.

"Want some icing?" Peter asked, but Bucky didn't answer. Peter could feel Bucky staring at him, "Babe!" Peter said as he turned around.

"Huh?" Bucky snapped out of whatever trans Peter had put him in.

"Do you want some icing?" Peter asked again.

Bucky hummed as he walked over to Peter. He wrapped his arms around his husband yet again. Peter smiled at him. Peter got some icing on his finger and managed to put it on Bucky's nose.

"You're going to regret that," Bucky smiled as Peter tried to run. He pulled Peter into a chokehold and had a freshly iced cupcake ready to shove in his face.

"No!" Peter yelled as he struggled to get away, "Not my beautiful cupcake!"

"Apologize and I will think about showing you mercy," Bucky said as he brought the cupcake closer to Peter's face.

Peter held out for a second before giving in, "Fine! I'm sorry!" Bucky released Peter.

"This is a really good cupcake," Bucky said as he took a bite of the cupcake.

"I'd hope so. I did make them after all," Peter said as he picked one up and ate it. Bucky kissed Peter's cheek.

"Aw look at you being domestic little bitches," Loki cooed as he and Natasha walked out of the elevator.

"Fuck you, fuck you very much," Peter said against Bucky's cheek as he flipped the two of them off.

"Oh, cupcakes!" Loki said as he teleported one from the pan into his hand.

"You may be the only witch I've ever met that is useful and somewhat enjoyable," Peter said to himself, but just loud enough that everyone heard it. Loki bowed.

"You two enjoying your penthouse sweet?" Natasha asked as she grabbed a cupcake and sat on the counter.

"Peter sure is enjoying this kitchen," Bucky smiled.

"I haven't cooked as much as I have in the last few days in the last fifteen years," Peter said.

Again, apologies for the short chapter, but I am trying to give them happy moments together in the tower before something happens... [Someone asked for a warning a while ago, so here is your warning... I guess (I'm not telling you what chapter because what's the fun in that?)]

Oh no... I've said too much...

I've never seen Shameless yet I am still putting references in this book... Don't question it... (Search Gallavich on youtube and you will understand)