Chapter Nine - Возвращение холода

Coldness Returns

"What the fuck do we do then?" Peter asked.

"We stay right the fuck here,"

"Why the hell would we do that when our husband is in trouble?" Peter asked.

"So we can help him later,"

"Check your phone,"

Peter pulled out his phone as he got a notification. It was a text message from Bucky. He opened his messages and his heart stopped.

I hope you don't mind us borrowing your boyfriend, or is it husband now, 007?

Peter's breathing became caught in his throat. Tears sprang to his eyes, but he blinked them away. Then he threw his phone, much harder than intended.

His phone went threw the wall. Peter did not even look up to see that he had thrown his phone so damn hard that it was sticking out of the wall opposite to the one it had blown threw. Not to mention Natasha and Tony were nearly hit by the hurtling meteoroid that was Peter's phone.

Peter began mumbling to himself as he thought of places they could be taking him. He paced back and forth as he and the spider discussed different locations.

"Uh, Peter?" Natasha asked worriedly as she looked through the hole in the wall Peter's phone had made. She saw him pacing around and instantly got worried. She and Tony walked into the Barnes' apartment.

"What about Russia?"

"Russia is way too obvious," Peter mumbled, "I shouldn't have to explain why that is not where they would take him," Peter rolled his eyes.

"Peter?" Natasha tried again.

"Well, maybe they know how fucking obvious it is. Kind of like you and your dumbass brain did,"

"Okay, can you try being helpful instead of being a jackass?" Peter huffed, "And at least my dumbass brain can read and create code,"

"That was just rude and no. Being a jackass is the entirety of my personality,"

"Peter?" Natasha gently laid her hand on the man's shoulder.

"What?" Peter snapped. He had a facial expression that the Avengers hadn't seen since his first few months in the tower. Natasha could see it. The cold and distant Peter was back. The one that trusted no one and the one that never told a single person in the tower anything about him or his life. The one that abandoned the Avengers to go to Russia. Peter rolled his eyes when Natasha didn't respond.

"You know, I bet they took Bucky to Germany. It really is a wonderful place,"

"You narcissistic backstabbing wanker can't take one damn thing seriously for once in your life?" Peter said angrily.

"No dumbass think. You know more about the coding, electronics, and minds of Hydra. For crying out loud, your genes came from the leaders. If anyone can think like them it's you. Too bad we can't see their blind spots."

"Was he talking to us? Tony whispered to Natasha. She shook her head.

"No,"

"Wait, that could work," Peter said as the coldness in his face was replaced by his thinking face, "We might need a little help, though," Peter said as he pulled up the hologram computer he installed under the bar.

"What could work?"

"I didn't put that there. Where did you get that from?" Tony asked, "Where did he get that from?" Tony asked Natasha. Natasha shrugged.