Are we friends?

(A/N) Heya <3, Larissa here, sorry about my absents but now I'm back and have my laptop so more chapters will be coming out a lot faster! Thanks for being a great fanbase as I took my time off. 

    After Edd and Marie's perfect little date night, Edd went around picking up after the mess they had made. Snacks and soda cans all on his coffee table and dishes filled the sink, going around he picked up the litter and washed up the dishes. 

Taking time for himself in the bathroom and his black messy hair, his childhood scar running across his head on the side, seeing it Edd looked down slightly and sighed. 'Maybe I should take more chances... I took one with Marie and so far that's doing more than good. If I take a chance on this.. scar... maybe just maybe something good can come out it too' he thought to himself before his train of thought stopped. "What am I thinking, that will never happen" he doubted his thoughts and put the beanie on the bathroom counter. 

Leading into his bedroom, Edd laid down and took a deep breath. 'I should say goodnight to Marie and that I enjoyed tonight', the thought made the male smile as he quickly pulled out his phone. 

-Phone Messages-

Edd texted Marie, "Hey, I hope I didn't wake you up. Just wanted to say I enjoyed tonight, we should do this again." He sent the text. 

Marie texted back almost immediately, "Hey Oven Mitt, I would have thought you were already asleep" "I loved tonight, I'd be up for it anytime" she replied. 

Edd let out a small chuckled seeing the text. "Yeah lmao, well speaking of being asleep me and you should go ahead and sleep" "Goodnight Beautiful" he sent confidently. 

Marie replied with "Aww nicknames <3 okay goodnight Oven Mitt."  

From there Edd turned off his phone, laying it on the side table. He looked back up to the ceiling and took a deep sigh, "maybe things are finally going to go my way" He said and closed his eyes soon passing out. 

-7:00am-

The familiar jingle ringed into the ears of the dark-haired male, groaning deeply Edd turned off the phone alarm. Getting up and doing his normal routine as he grabbed his bag, heading out of his home. His phone went off, seeing a friendly text from his mother. 

"Hello Eddward, I will be at home for dinner tonight. Have a great day at school son" 

Edd smiled and put his phone away, unlike every other day Ed and Eddy weren't outside his house as usual. Edd sighed and headed out, walking out of the house he just made his way to school on his own. 

Upon making it to school, he didn't see Marie. "Oh well, she must still be getting ready for school" he muttered out loud to himself. Walking through the halls, he caught a glance of Eddy and Ed. 'Oh! My dearest pals' he thought to himself. Going over to make conversation with the two males. "Eddy, Ed... I didn't see you two outside my house to walk our way to school together today." he looked "What happened?" Edd asked curiously. 

Eddy looked up at the taller male with a glare, "You! you're are what happened". Ed stood quiet in the background seeing Eddy's rage and just stood back for safety. Edd looked a bit shocked getting yelled at by Eddy, "Me, what did I do?" he asked in confusion on Eddy's emotions. Eddy just replied with "You know damn well what you did Sockhead!" he growled in a rude tone. Edd paused and looked down at him. 

-Language Warning-

Edd felt as he was getting attacked by the shorter male. He could either say sorry even if he had no clue what he did or come back at him. "Well, Eddy, common sense would tell you that I have no earthly idea what you are talking about. So stop being petty and tell me why you're upset." he huffed out annoyed with the other. Hearing the attitude form from Double D's mouth, Eddy just felt more pissed off with him, grabbing Edd by his tie and yanking him down to his height "That blue hair son of a bitch you've been doing everything for" he said raging. 

Edd looked at Eddy degusted, "I cannot believe you would use words like that against Marie!, she is not a bitch... Marie is a kind soul and I do not understand why you have such hatred against her" he argued. Eddy clinched Edd's shirt in his smaller hands, "Ed and I have been there for you since forever! That whore and those hideous sisters of hers have bullied all of us since they got here! 3 years without them doesn't fix anything Sockhead. Now she has cursed us by coming back to this shitty town and YOU decide to get all lovey-dovey with her so does that mean our childhood has no meaning to you!" Eddy ranted almost screaming at him. 

Both the males' voices echoing in the hallway, people started to gather such as Kevin, Nazz, Lee, May... and Marie, and a few others dragging along watching the argument. Edd took a deep breath trying to stay rational, "Eddy you are being outrageo- ah.. ow!" he was interrupted by Eddy slapping the taller male, tears in his eyes quickly followed by heavy breathing. "Eddy what the hell!" he yelled holding his cheek. Edds' anger got control of him and his mindset as he lunged at Eddy. 

Students seemed to circle while chants were being yelled at them. "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" Eddy pushed Edd off easily and pinned him down, keep Edd on the ground while he held his fist, and held it up above Edd ready to hit him. The moment seemed to be rushing everyone's blood, the tension eased up once Nazz yelled out. "Like someone go break it up, dudes!" she yelled worried for her friends. Just then Ed and Kevin grabbed Eddy and picked him up, while Marie ran to Edd and helped him up, "Love are you okay?" she asked nervously. 

Edd nodded to Marie before he glanced at Eddy, who was throwing a fit. Kicking his legs around as he yelled "Let go of me! I need to teach Sockhead a lesson!" he screamed out in anger. Edd looked down at him, "Teach me what? What could you ever teach me! You cant understand more than a toothpick!" he insulted him. Eddy getting more pissed off every second, "You know what Sockhead! It's either Ed and I or her!" he screamed. Marie looked down feeling like she was the cause of the problems happening. 

Edd took a sigh, "if you are going to be so childish about me growing up and maturing... then I'll of course rather Marie" he looked at her and held her hand gently. "You'll understand when you learn to care about others and not just yourself," Edd said coldly and huffed out a warm breathe. Eddy looked furious yet speechless, "Don't talk to me or go to my house until you can learn how to be an actual good friend." Edd finished. Turning to Marie, "May I walk you to class" he said softly, she nodded and walked the opposite direction away from the chaos.  

Eddy growled "Fine! Leave! I don't need you! I've never liked you!" his voice echoed as Edd just kept walking with it seeming like his words didn't even phase him. Kevin and Ed let go of Eddy, he just stood there before turning to his locker. "Well, y'all saw! Now get away from me!" he yelled, most students going their own way. Nazz looked down and walked past Eddy, "You are really being a jerk to him just for his relationship with Marie... that is just cold and toxic" she said softly and walked away with Kevin, who whispered, "damn, I'd never thought I would live to see the dorks almost kill each other on purpose" he chuckled soon seeing Nazz's unfiltered face. "Or um.. sorry babe just trying to lighten the mood" 

Ed slowly walked up behind Eddy, "are we still friends with Double D Eddy!?" he asked goofy yet curious. Eddy let out a sigh and looked down, "No lumpy, we are no longer friends with Sockhead" he said turning away and walking to class. 

Marie looked at her and Edds hands before her eyes moved up his body to his eyes, "Is everything going to okay with you guys." she asked a bit worried. Edd shook his head softly, "No if he keeps acting like that, then I'd rather not have him in my life." he truthfully said calmly and looked at her. "But I don't want to worry about him, I just want to think about me and you right now" he smiled and hugged Marie gently. Soon both of them getting to class and continuing the very strange day they have all suffer through. 

(A/N) Omg, I missed all of y'all so so much...  thank you so much for making me feel so motivated in this story and to continue it. I will keep writing more every day and be there for all of y'all. See y'all with the next chapter soon.