Chapter 3

'I think... I think I am in your head..." Ava replied cautiously. 'I think we are sharing this body.'

"I have never been against sharing my body with a woman, but I do rather prefer it if they are on top of me at the time," the man reasoned.

Ava slapped him. Well, she somehow slapped herself and she felt her cheek glow with warmth in response.

"Ow! How didst thee do that?" he grumbled as he rubbed his cheek.

"I don't know. I just reacted," she replied honestly with his mouth.

"Thou made me speak words that were not my own!" he noted with surprise.

"Yeah, well you're making me do things I don't wanna do either!" she shot back.

Tristan grinned. He was pretty sure that his friend had given him some mushrooms in his sleep. Right now he must look like a mad-man talking to himself for sure. Perhaps he was mad, but he was having a certain amount of fun teasing the wench inside his head.

"What, do you mean like treating my morning glory?" he asked as his hand resumed its prior exertions.

"Oh god yes. Why do you keep doing that to us?" Ava asked through gritted teeth.

"Because it feels good?" Tristan mused with a wily grin even as his body started to revel in the sensation. "Care to give it a go?" he prodded sneakily.

"I thought it was bad to do it dry," Ava mused sarcastically even as her body jerked involuntarily.

"Oh, so you know something about this sport then?" Tristan shot back inquisitively.

"Just a little," Ava admitted somewhat shyly.

Tristan grinned again. 'She is inexperienced' he thought to himself.

"I'm not that inexperienced!" Ava shot back defensively.

'I just haven't managed to get past the hand job phase of a relationship yet...' she thought, ''coz they usually turn out to be jerks before things go much further.'

"Hand job?" Tristan inquired, his curiosity peaking.

"Well, yeah," Ava replied, realizing with horror that they could read each other's thoughts to a degree.

She needed to be more cautious about what she thought. 'How is that even possible?'

Tristan chuckled to himself. "Never fear, maid, I shall not think the worse of thee for thy past experiences... least thou should... share them with me?"

Ava could hear the sleaze dripping in his voice. Slapping him had hurt. Anything she did to him was going to be something that she felt. It as an infuriating situation to be in.

"Thou could bring us both some pleasure instead of pain..." he suggested lecherously, reading her thoughts again.

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" she growled back with annoyance.

"Me thinks thou would too, if thou can feel what I can feel," he suggested.

Ava growled with frustration. Tristan grinned to himself. Before either of them could say another word, their little internal debate was interrupted by the snorting and thud of horses entering the clearing.

"You there! We have been sent to find the creature that arrived through the gateway in the early hours. Did you perchance see it?"

Tristan and Ava looked up at the imposing knight stupidly. Neither knew what to say or even what was going on. They were somewhat shell-shocked.